Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Questions Please

Quite early on in the owners manual there is a reference to the engine switch being in ACC mode, can anyone please tell what this means?

Also, having just purchased my car, an IS220d I have noticed that the manual that I have been given with the car is for an IS 250. When I contacted the dealer about this I was told that the manuals are 'generic' and cover both vehicles. I'm afraid that I cannot believe this as there is absolutely no reference whatsoever to the IS220d, all of the specifications refer to the IS250 and the fact that you should use unleaded fuel, no mention of diesel!

Does anyone have an answer to this please and, if there is a 220d manual, does anyone know where I might get one.

The 'Navigation System Owners Manual' clearly makes reference to the IS250 and the 220d.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Quite early on in the owners manual there is a reference to the engine switch being in ACC mode, can anyone please tell what this means?

Also, having just purchased my car, an IS220d I have noticed that the manual that I have been given with the car is for an IS 250. When I contacted the dealer about this I was told that the manuals are 'generic' and cover both vehicles. I'm afraid that I cannot believe this as there is absolutely no reference whatsoever to the IS220d, all of the specifications refer to the IS250 and the fact that you should use unleaded fuel, no mention of diesel!

Does anyone have an answer to this please and, if there is a 220d manual, does anyone know where I might get one.

The 'Navigation System Owners Manual' clearly makes reference to the IS250 and the 220d.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. many thanks

ACC: Adaptive cruise control which I think is only available as an option on IS250 Auto & not at all on IS220D or manual IS250's.

The Manual: Dealer telling porkies I am afraid - what a surprise. If he is supplying a user's manual with the car, he is obliged to supply the appropriate one for it, which of course he should now get for you from Lexus or wherever else he can.

My IS manual shows the option to prime the diesel fuel system using the funny speedo ring buttons IIRC (a diesel only function), as well as auto gearbox settings (not available on diesel), so mine is definitely a generic manual.

I think he is asking about ACC in relation to the engine switch, in which instance its when you press the Start Stop button with out your foot on the brake ( in the autos) or clutch (in the manuals). This mode will allow you to run the Accessories i.e the radio etc with out the car being started.

Im pretty sure both our IS250's come with generic manuals as it says IS250/220 on the front IIRC

Yes, ACC used to be written on Toyota's where the key was between Off and Start, i.e half way between completely off and on. On ACC you could listen to Music and turn lights on / of etc, but couldn't take the key out of the key-hole without first turning to off

Thank you to all who have replied, most helpful. I now understand what ACC means and have tried pressing the start button without pressing the clutch down and it is similar to the first turn of the key on a conventional ignition car, giving acces to various options such as radio etc.

With regard to the manual, I will have another word with the dealer.

Thanks again for the input.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links