Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soarers

dave1

Well it depends on model really and where it comes from. A lot of the models were only available in Japan and they were only ever Toyota and were called the 'Soarer'. The 2.5 Twin Turbo never existed outside Japan, neither did the 4 litre Active (Uzz32). The SC300 and the SC400 were released in the USA and would have all been left Left hand drive but were released as Lexus (Luxury EXport US). Theoretically then that would mean that only American versions are Lexus but HAD they been released abroad then they would have been without doubt Lexus and not Toyota. Ultimately because most are imported from Japan, they are really Toyota but most owners rebadge them.

Well it depends on model really and where it comes from. A lot of the models were only available in Japan and they were only ever Toyota and were called the 'Soarer'. The 2.5 Twin Turbo never existed outside Japan, neither did the 4 litre Active (Uzz32). The SC300 and the SC400 were released in the USA and would have all been left Left hand drive but were released as Lexus (Luxury EXport US). Theoretically then that would mean that only American versions are Lexus but HAD they been released abroad then they would have been without doubt Lexus and not Toyota. Ultimately because most are imported from Japan, they are really Toyota but most owners rebadge them.

Thank you for your reply. It appears that I was correct then.

Thank you for your reply. It appears that I was correct then.

Depends on where you are :whistling: . The original Soarer Z20 series was produced in Japan from 1986 to 1991, then in 1990, following the launch of the Lexus badged marque outside of Japan, Toyota commissioned its California design studio(Calty) to develop a new luxury coupe. In 1991, this vehicle debuted in the U.S. as the Lexus SC 300/400. In the same year, the third generation Toyota Soarer debuted in Japan as the Z30 series, replacing the Z20 series. The Z30 series Soarer shared the body and key components with the Lexus SC, but featured different interior features, powertrain configurations, and other performance enhancements.

After the Z30 series came the JZZ30 Toyota Soarer (1991-2000), the JZZ31 (1994-2000) and various other configuations in the same time period (UZZ30, UZZ31 & UZZ32). The last Soarer model produced was the Z40 series Toyota Soarer (2001-2005) which was more or less identical to its 'Lexus' equivalent, the SC430.

On July 26, 2005 the Lexus division of Toyota was established in Japan, before which all 'Lexus' models were basically rebadged Toyotas. The Toyota Soarer series then ended at that time, leaving the 2006 Lexus SC430 as the only available model.

So yes, in name only the only 'Soarer' has always been a Toyota.

• 2 years later...

Does it really matter ? Lexus is a quality vehicle made by Toyota, the Soarer is a quality vehical made by Toyota badged in japan as a toyota on home soil, badged as a Lexus in America where it was designed so in my opinion it can or could be badged as either, mine is badged as a Lexus which was on when I bought it, but purists think it should be badged as a Toyota with the winged lion on the front ( not a gryphen as it is commonly called, Vauxhalls have gryphens), frankly my dear I don't give a damn, its just a great car to drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links