Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Light Change Older Style Wiring To New

I've finally got a set of black is200 fog lights from eBay, however the connector is the new type (I believe it's a h4 bulb).

What is involved with adding the wiring changed to the new fitting? I understand they are different plugs compared to my ones... there are two wires going into the plug a red and black one... If it's a simple wiring job I can do it with the Battery off etc..

I tried to search a thread for it but failed to see one... thanks if you can help me

Option 1: If the pins in the connector are the same you could depin the old connector and put them in the new connector. That's the neatest way I can think of but might be difficult getting the pins out.

Option 2: Cut the wires and either solder or inline splice the new connector on. A bit messier and the repair will need to be well protected from the elements because they'll be in a harsh environment down there.

You shouldn't even need to disconnect the Battery, as long as the fog lights are off they'll be no voltage hanging around on the wires.

I'm sure there is an easier way. There is an adaptor wire you can get that plugs into the old plug one end and the new type fog light plug the other. I'm sure I've seen it on the Autolumination site. I've got a set of late spec fogs I was going to do this at one point. Never got around to it ...yet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links