Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio Over Satnav Directions

Greg23

Hi I am a new Lexus owner (2 days) and am having problems finding how to get the audio to automatically mute when Satnav instructions are being given. At the moment I can hardly hear the instructions over the radio.

No idea on the RX450 I'm afraid. Does it not tell you in the audio/satnav manual somewhere? Try calling in to Lexus Coventry where I am sure, from my experience with this dealer, they will advise you (FOC). Hope you find an answer.

Doesn't it mute the drivers speaker when the satnav speaks? Sounds like you might need to turn up the satnav volume (or maybe the radio is too loud :whistling: )

The way the Lexus system works I don't think you can completely mute the radio if that's what you are trying to do.

Hi I am a new Lexus owner (2 days) and am having problems finding how to get the audio to automatically mute when Satnav instructions are being given. At the moment I can hardly hear the instructions over the radio.

Hello,it should mute the drivers side speaker,you should also me able to go into your menu and adjust the volume too.

Doesn't it mute the drivers speaker when the satnav speaks? Sounds like you might need to turn up the satnav volume (or maybe the radio is too loud :whistling: )

The way the Lexus system works I don't think you can completely mute the radio if that's what you are trying to do.

Yes I am trying to completely mute the radio, this is how the satnav worked in my previous car (Audi). The Lexus has 12 speakers so just muting the drivers side will still make hearing directions difficult. On a long journey you want to be able to listen to some music but you might also have several direction instructions to listen to.

As above, I can only get mine over the drivers door speaker. The volume is changeable for the intructions, and go pretty loud on my GS430, I've never not been able to hear them no matter how loud the music. Have you adjusted the volume for the instructions?

Yes I am trying to completely mute the radio, this is how the satnav worked in my previous car (Audi). The Lexus has 12 speakers so just muting the drivers side will still make hearing directions difficult. On a long journey you want to be able to listen to some music but you might also have several direction instructions to listen to.

As TF mentions you can try turning the satnav volume up but it is a potential flaw of the system.

I think cutting all audio is a bit severe and for passengers listening to something will end up cutting the sound too much, but our Mercedes cuts all front speakers which is probably the best compromise.

Having said that I prefer it just being the drivers corner as no one else is really bothered by the instructions except the driver.