Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Need Gs300 Mk2 Rear Lights

Hi,

I've got a 1999 gs300 mk2 sport.I've fitted the 2001 facelift rear lights but when checking to see if everything is working ok.It seems that the taillight and brakes light are on the same bulb.Why would this be and what would i need to do to get them working in the right way.

1999 rear lights have the reverse and indicator in the middle of the light.

2001 facelift lights are the ones where the reverse and indicator are at the bottom of the light.

I've had a look on the clublexus.com site and they seem to be going on about harnesses etc but i haven't a clue what they mean by harnesses.

Thanks

Snakes

Yeah, on the later ones, there is the combined sidelight/brakelight (as per the older style), plus an extra socket for just a sidelight (that lights up the outer edge of the cluster). If you want the newer pair to function as they do on the newer cars, you would need to make an extra bit of loom for the extra sidelight, along with the socket to hold the bulb. No idea if you can just buy a later cluster loom to replace the whole original cluster loom.

It caught me out when I bought a set of aftermarket lights for my '99 GS300 Sport, as it had an extra ballast pack for the LEDs that had nowhere to plug in. All became clear when I bought an '01 GS430 Sport and swapped the after market ones onto that. The extra ballast pack was for the additional sidelight, without it, the bulb failure lamp stayed on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links