Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know it's still quite mild at the moment but I thought I would post this picture of my IS250 stranded at home during the snow of January 2010 to see if it would promote any discussion.

Needless to say it didn't get used very much whilst our XC90 just biffed on through the snow with no problems. ;-)

post-24942-0-85644000-1321527749.jpg

Thats a lovely picture!!

Just how my is220 looked - and that wouldn't budge either!!!

I have put winter tyres on this year but looking at your picture is a good reminder of how awful it was - think I should have bought a snow plough :blink:

Never mind - however if the tyres dont give a substantial improvement I am getting rid of the Lexus!!

Mine will be locked away in the garage at the first sign of snow. To be honest, it struggles to get up our drive in the wet without the traction control cutting in! We live on a hill and our road is usually littered with abandoned rear wheel drive cars when it snows. Our Subaru makes light work of the conditions - even on summer tyres - but I'm often afraid to drive up to the house because of all the fishtailing cars sliding backwards down the hill.

This has brought bad memories of last winter flooding back, I found my hybrid to be utterly useless in snow so switched to the wife's Sportcross same result stuck everywhere and feeling like a inexperienced boy! The weird thing is a few cars ago I ran a Vauxhall Omega, also rear wheel drive and wide tyres but that never got stuck the traction control was so much better. This year I am ready for it, plan to use the summer car Alfa Romeo Spider ( may keep the roof up) but feel sure it will cope better with front wheel drive and smaller tyres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links