Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Shock Absorbers

Hi peoples,

My IS200 failed it mot recently on a few thing such as both front wheels and a shock absorber due to serious oil leak. As you probably know the shocks dont come cheap but i have found one on eBay for about £50 and just want to know will it be compatible, as the seller has not replied back to me yet.

Its a front passenger shock absorber.

here is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-01-99-05-SALOON-FRONT-SHOCK-ABSORBER-LH-/260553741944?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3caa369678#ht_4105wt_1163

Do you think this is genuine? and is it a front passenger side shock absorber?

Thanks for all replied in advance!

I doubt very much that it is actually a genuine Lexus part. And you should always replace left and right components on the same axle when changing suspension parts or it will make it unbalanced.

I would offer you my factory shocks with 40K on them, but mine are still on the car until I fit my coilovers and I take it you need to change them pretty soon for the MOT?

If you definitely want them I'll see if I can get mine booked in for the suspension change on saturday, £70 for the pair including the springs? So it's just take off the old ones, bolt these on. Will save you money on labour time as they wont have to mess about changing springs.

And I can't comment on the reliability of non-branded shocks, could be made by anyone.

I had the same failure at 6 years old and 34K miles. Lexus charged me £140 for a replacement strut and £100 labour. I queried them over only changing one side but assured me that it would be OK. They were right. The car's handling balance is fine. I would go for a reputable make replacement and get a decent garage to fit it. Should cost you less than I paid.

sprinter is there any chance you can sell me only one though. I dont think i will be able to afford both and to pay for the labour as budget is tight. I think i will only change one which is the passenger front. Mind you mine is a is200 se x reg.

cheers

I guess it might be okay if you were putting the old springs on a new damper, but you shouldn't really change just one spring as they don't all settle the same amount.

Just realised something aswell, I have the sport model so my suspension is 15mm lower than standard. And I don't think your model has the lower suspension?

yes you are correct. the sports model comes standard lowered then the se model so they wont fit. thanks for pointing that out anyway. Will still keep searching on eBay then. If you do by any chance come across some shock absorbers please do let me know. thanks for the help anyway!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links