Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:winky: Overall average with different driving styles is 41.2 mpg. Have had as much as 52 Mpg when on long drives through Europe.

Col

i would be interested in the mpg that 200d owners are getting.

:winky: Overall average with different driving styles is 41.2 mpg. Have had as much as 52 Mpg when on long drives through Europe.

Col

Might be wrong Col, but I think he's asking about 200D results only....maybe pondering an updated version? Unless you've changed I think you had a 220D as I have. The 200D is mooted to give a slightly better mileage return. Found it a bit sluggish compared to the 220 when I tried one. Think Lexus were trying to get C02 readings down in an effort to make it cleaner?

My 220 (just out of interest in passing) is currently showing Av of 39.6 mpg. On a journey of useful distance I get 48-53 without too much effort. I use cruise control where appropriate.

:whistling: Having man flue adles the brain!!! Should read more carefully... lol

Col (IS220d)

Col

Might be wrong Col, but I think he's asking about 200D results only....maybe pondering an updated version? Unless you've changed I think you had a 220D as I have. The 200D is mooted to give a slightly better mileage return. Found it a bit sluggish compared to the 220 when I tried one. Think Lexus were trying to get C02 readings down in an effort to make it cleaner?

My 220 (just out of interest in passing) is currently showing Av of 39.6 mpg. On a journey of useful distance I get 48-53 without too much effort. I use cruise control where appropriate.

Have only driven the IS200D as a courtesy car - but found it drove much better than IS220Ds as a result of a wider power band giving greater flexibility, and gear-ratios that actually suit the engine. I think IS220d drivers will take some time to adapt to it after the IS220D's grudging engine and absurd, eccentric gear-ratios. I did not find it any more sluggish than the IS220D, but do not believe that to be possible anyway. I did not have the IS200D long enough to comment on fuel efficiency; but think it is probably reasonable to pro-rata the official figures for both against what you are getting from an IS220D.

Took delivery of a brand new 200D Advance about 2 months ago, covered around 4500 miles so far, tank average around 38/40 around town etc, recent trip Kent - Lancashire all motorway non stop speed around 70/80 average approx 48 mpg which would have produced around 650 miles per tank. Have to say I thought it would be better, hopefully it will be as we get a few more miles on the clock.

• 1 month later...

My wife purchased a used 2011 200d advance that had done 12k miles about 2 weeks ago and it is getting about 32MPG around town with careful driving. The book states urban of 44mpg, i understand that with it being winter therfore colder that would would lose some MPG but i would expect 35 mpg plus.

Do you think there is an issue with the car if it is only returning 32mpg around town with careful driving?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links