Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav

IZZZY

hi All,

My IS200 doesnt have a SAT NAV as standard.. but ive seen one at the local garage.. is it possible to fit this into my car.. i noticed i dont have the cable that is connected to the back of the SAT NAV.. so assumed its not possible...

i would GREATLY appreciate your input on this ASAP ... maybe i can go back to the garage and buy the sat nav.. if its possible!!!

await your response guys.. (help Ormi!! lol)

izzy

hi All,

My IS200 doesnt have a SAT NAV as standard.. but ive seen one at the local garage.. is it possible to fit this into my car.. i noticed i dont have the cable that is connected to the back of the SAT NAV.. so assumed its not possible...

i would GREATLY appreciate your input on this ASAP ... maybe i can go back to the garage and buy the sat nav.. if its possible!!!

await your response guys.. (help Ormi!! lol)

izzy

No sorry you cant fit to a non sat nav car, as the wiring isnt present, only way to do it is strip a whole wiring loom from donor car, obviously you cant do this, but if you buy screen and housing its possible to fit an aftermarket sat nav into it.

Ive got a 7" mio in mine.

do you know if this would work?

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/kenwood-ddx4028bt-double-multimedia-cddvd-player-bluetooth-screen-p-25201.html

im not firmiliar with what the restrictions are on the lexus is200

thanks again

Hi since its a double din you could fit as a replacement stereo as it should fit and would serve as a sat nav too.

However if you want to go down the route of an after market sony sat nav inside a Lexus Is 200 housing - go to the buy and sell section and under archive section look for IS 200 sat nav with built in sony unit.Hope this helps

Was that meant to be a link for Sony head unit or a standard Sony sat nav? Showed a link to a standard sat nav??

Was that meant to be a link for Sony head unit or a standard Sony sat nav? Showed a link to a standard sat nav??

sony sat-nav,its one of the models people fit inside standard housing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Is200 LE - 2004 - it has the sat nav housing tray and lid but no sat nav installed. It looks like it was an option but was never fitted. There's no screen, just a place to put things. I have just taken this out of the car to see if there's wiring connections present and without rooting around i could not see any. Is the sat nav operated through a cable loom connected to the radio or is it wired seperately through the car? I might have a look behind the glove box at the weekend just to satisfy myself that there is no wires there. Any ideas?

You dont have a satnav, you have the latest style centre tray, only came with the later LE cars.

Put a pic up but im pretty sure thats what youve got.

Also if you dont have satnav as standard there will be no wiring

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I have a non-sta nav is200 and I was wondering if i fit an aftermarket sat nav (like the sony one everyone keeps mentioning) can the open/close motor still be wired up and if so how??

Many thanks

Doc

• 2 years later...

• 8 months later...

Do ALL the Sony units switch on and off with ignition ??...I have got hold of the housing and a sony nav-u 83 and now need to put it all together !!!

I am going to attempt assembling one of these together,any further input to help me along the way would be very much appreciated

• 5 months later...
On 25/08/2015 at 9:49 AM, istanbul05 said:

I am going to attempt assembling one of these together,any further input to help me along the way would be very much appreciated

DId you manage to assemble it?? where di you get the housing from?

• 2 weeks later...

All done yes,I bought the stock nav from eBay and refitted a Samsung galaxy tab 7 inch. I configured the USB lead from the tablet which connects to my lighter port. I also wired the motorised housing to the permanent live on my radio.

As soon as I get time I will take photos and put up a step by step guide on what I done.