Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Your Normal Owner

MaccyD

Hi All

Im hoping I will be received well here as Im not the normal Lexus owner in that I dont own a lexus! Im buying a Lexus LS400 so that I can take the engine and transplant it into my car. Ive done a conversion before (1JZ-GTE into a Nissan) so Im hoping that people here will be able to offer advice and assistance with some of the nitty gritty such as minor wiring details and other little bits and bobs. Im also hoping my experience removing the engine and servicing will allow me to contribute back into the club (rather than being a dirty moocher!).

I'd also like to open with my first question! The car Im picking up this weekend is a '97 LS400 with 130k on the clock. Its earlier than planned as it was so cheap so Im thinking of using this extra time to break the car rather than scrap it which was the original plan. Im just not sure i could scrap such a luxurious car so Id like to sell some of the bits off and in some cases give bits away for free to a needy cause (ie someones window is smashed by vandals). So what Im wondering is, is there much of a market for LS400 bits, and do they fetch a half decent amount of money?

Oh, and the names George :shifty:

Hello and welcome to the LOC engine club :D

There is certainly demand for used LS400 spares and one member breaks them on a regular basis and has helped many other members including myself.

eBay is one place to advertise either the whole car when people will then contact you for specific spares or remove the parts and advertise them individually.

To sell on the club's forums you should be a Gold member but if you are giving stuff away :winky:

So what are you transplanting the engine into? I know one guy who has built a kit car with a rear mounted UCF-10 engine.

Im trying to keep it quiet as itll be the first (AFAIK) in the UK. Its an S14 200SX (thatll make things interesting if i turn up to LOC meets!

2011-07-07194953.jpg

Yeah well i know what its like to be an owner in need. I had my window smashed in and was pitied by a fellow owner so Id like to help people out who need parts and the rest will be sold for cheaps. So yeah, hopefully pity will be taken if im advertising bits for a low amount and/or free. Car is so cheap i doubt id need to sell alot to make my money back.

Cheers for the welcome anyway, hopefully I wont require too much of a helping hand!

Hi Maccy, that is a Seriously nice motor, always fancied tinkering with one but never had the time, can't help you with Lexus parts but any other standard car care , waxes etc, if give all forum users 10% off, just use coupon code "google on my site, www.maxreflect.com