Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450H Heavy Steering At Low Speeds

Hi all,

I have a 2007 GS450h (59,000 miles) which I have noticed since purchase (1month ago) has heavy steering at low speeds (5-15mph).

Lexus have told me my car is fine and that this is a natural characteristic of the car. Lexus have also told me that only the 2006 GS model was recalled regarding heavy steering and that my chassis number was not an effected vehicle.

Please can anyone clarify if this is normalcharacteristic of the car? or are Lexus fobbing me off?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Tom

Hi all,

I have a 2007 GS450h (59,000 miles) which I have noticed since purchase (1month ago) has heavy steering at low speeds (5-15mph).

Lexus have told me my car is fine and that this is a natural characteristic of the car. Lexus have also told me that only the 2006 GS model was recalled regarding heavy steering and that my chassis number was not an effected vehicle.

Please can anyone clarify if this is normalcharacteristic of the car? or are Lexus fobbing me off?

Tom

Not really sure on this. I took a new one for a test drive about 3 years ago and didn't notice heavy steering at low speed but it is hard to define. Everyone will have a different perspective on whether the steering on a car bis heavy or not. The answer is to take another on a test drive to get a comparison for yourself.

Hi all,

Tom

Not really sure on this. I took a new one for a test drive about 3 years ago and didn't notice heavy steering at low speed but it is hard to define. Everyone will have a different perspective on whether the steering on a car bis heavy or not. The answer is to take another on a test drive to get a comparison for yourself.

Hi Tom, got to agree with the last suggestion to try another similar car but having driven my 450h for over 100,000 miles I have never once thought the steering to be heavy, a bit lifeless at times espically when the front tyres are old but not heavy.

I've never noticed the steering heavy.

However, I was told by the salesman of my car, it is normal for the car to automatically unlock when walking near it even without putting your hand behind door handle.

There was a fault on the car and he wanted to sell it.

How can you tell a salesman is lying? His lips are moving!

Thank everyone for your replies! :winky:

The car is booked into Lexus Twickenham "again" to be looked at, but they are unable to provide me with a car to compare.. My local garage have driven the car and they also thought the steering was a "tad" heavy at low speeds, but not when parking.

This non lexus garage have also suggested that the car might need some form of software upgrade, as they have told me that the car has some form of variable ratio steering system, which might not be performing at its best in relation to vehicle speed :unsure:

1) Does anyone know if a software upgrade is possible on this vehicle :question:

2) The garage also said the tyres can effect the steering and that my car was tram lining, what are the best tyres to reduce this :question: As I am aware this is a common problem on this vehicle

Again any answers to my question are greatly appreciated :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links