Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few Questions From A New Owner

MaccyD

So i introduced myself on this forum a short while ago as i was intending on picking up an LS400 for an engine conversion (using the 1UZ). I was fortunate enough to pick one up pretty cheap so am now looking to prepare for the conversion and have a couple of questions.

First and most importantly I need to get hold of a 1UZ ECU pinout diagram for a 1996 R reg LS400. This is all i used before from an engine point of view to wire a conversion. Ive done a search on google and it doesnt seem to be turning up the right stuff. When i did the soarer engine i searched JZZ30 which helped so was wondering what the chassis code for one of these is?

Also i will be fortunate enough to be taking out the engine (sort of obvious) which means i will have easy access to the whole thing. So im wondering what, other than the obvious gaskets and hoses here and there, should i look out for and/or use the chance to replace/refurb. The engine will be out of the engine for a few months so time isnt a problem.

Ok ill keep going while im on a roll and thinking of more things. This is something i doubt most will have ever bothered as its not really a lightweight performance car, but can i get an auxiliary belt for an engine without air con? Its a pain to transfer and yeah, weight.

Another one, is it very common to do a manual conversion? Could do with a bit of advice on the wiring involved.

I think that will do me for now :-) sorry if the answers are common and searchable, i just got carried away while i was writing the post. Hope you guys can help.

A final note, unless im missing something, is it £40 to become a member? Or is the gold club something else. Id like to be able to sell the parts from the shell and noted that it was common that the backlights went on alot of the gauges/stereo/dials but mine are all fully working so think some people could find some use out of the parts.

Phew, sorry for the essay, many thanks in advance for any help

George

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links