Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From Lexus Noob!

dmacdou1

Hi all. Never had a Lexus before, and Ive just bought a 2003 IS200, which I'm picking up in the morning, so thought i'd join up and say hello. I know the car pretty well(buying from a friend whos had it a few years)so I know its been well looked after, and I know they're genrally very reliable, but its still an 8 year old car, so i dont expect it to not have any niggles. Hoping to find some good advice here on anything that does crop up, and hopefully contribute anything I find out along the way as well.

The first question I have is are there any Haynes/equivalent manuals for this model, I always like to have one of these for any car I get to help with the minor stuff that I can tackle myself.

Cheers

Davie

but its still an 8 year old car, so i dont expect it to not have any niggles.

Cheers

Davie

hello , you may be as surprised as i was with my 1st lexus , 9yrs old 53k covered , mot,d without fault & 3 months on whether pootling in town or hitting the high numbers on motorway , totally fault,squeek & rattle free :winky: loving mine so far !

Hello David. I bought my IS200 new in september 2000 for £19500 and after 58000 miles the only expense has been a brake light bulb and a set of front pads.Incidentally I had the timing belt and tensioner replaced last year at 57000miles so they do last a long while.AS far as I know there is no manual I downloaded one off the net. cheers David.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

General servicing is no worse than any other make and model including the brakes.

There should be some tutorials knocking around on the web.

For a manual either download or buy a CD ROM copy of the original manufacturer's.