Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks toffie_pie. I note from the Australia Post tracking software that your kit left Sydney en-route to the UK 24 hours ago (05:18 Tuesday - its Wednesday here now!). Better clear the decks for an installation effort and report this weekend <grin>

Michael

Working slowly and methodically you should complete in 90 minutes.

SMS me your phone number to +61418229934 if you have issues (I have a 100% success rate). Watch the time differences between UK and Australia.

Michael

very generous :), i will get back to you..

expect a sms at some ungodly hour in a week or so!! :p

are the lexus 250s popular in ozzyland? i had a cl9 accord before this, the accord was like a go cart compared to this car but the lexus is a superb cruiser.

<<are the lexus 250s popular in ozzyland?>> VERY popular - especially with the younger, well paid singles.

I love mine and find it a bit of a chameleon. On the one hand when I set the drive in sports mode and drive on the paddles, it astounds me with the performance. On the other hand in straight "drive" mode it seems like a luxury limousine.

My dislike with the car is the very restricted entry/exit from the rear seat.

With regard to the kit, start off while the kit is en-route by watching the YouTube video that's listed on the first page of the instruction manual. Getting the door liner off is probably the more difficult task you will do in the total installation of the kit.

Michael

toffie_pie, I was the first to fit this mod to an IS220d, a number of people had done it on their 250's but not on the 220d, the wiring was a little different and had to be sussed out. Whilst I was doing the job, early in the morning, I was in contact with Michael via Messenger on my pc, we also had a connection at the same time with Mr P who I think is in Thailand and is the electronics expert. Because of the difference in the wiring, it was necessary for me to have a voltmeter on the go so that I could give all of the various readings to Mr P after he had told me which wires to check.The three way conversation worked perfectly and the job was a huge success.

You are doing a 250 and so it will be straightforward for you and you will not have the initial problems that I encountered. I can tell you that I was 72 when I did my 220d a couple of years ago and if I can do it with the problems we had, you will find doing yours will be an absolute breeze. If you should encounter a problem, which I doubt very much, Michael and Mr P are amazing and will get it sorted, no problem.

I can also tell you that you will be really pleased with the modification. One of the real benefits that I found was when walking away from the car and you think to yourself "Did I lock the car", just look back and if the mirrors are folded in, then yes you did!

Good luck matey.

<<do you have a video of the install procedure>> No, sorry, I don't.

In the installation notes for the IS250, I have listed the URL of a YouTube video (from the USA) which is a good tutorial about removing the door liner of the IS250.

I haven't worked out how to put the URL into this forum and take the liberty of uploading the current installation manual.

Cheers,

Michael

ENG_Po-40_RCM_Lexus_is250_20140623.pdf

Hi everybody, so here we are 10 days after first enquiring if the po-40 kit is still available , the kit was delivered 7 days after ordering from michael (very quick from aus' ) so out i go yesterday to install it and what happened once i got the door panel off ? the heavens opened thats what ...so i quickly put it all back together to wait for the rain to stop... an hour later out i go again only to find i've left the ignition on all the time i was indoors and my Battery is flat, doh! so i decide to cancel the install till tomorrow.....sunday, took the Battery out of the car to charge it.... off with the door card again and start the instalation, one hour later the car is all back together and i've got my auto folding mirrors at last all working fine, i must thank Michael for a great product and the reasurance that if there was any problems he would be there to help, anybody thinking of doing this conversion just needs to follow the instructions from the download and you should not have any problems.......

Allan

yes Geoff you were right it was a fairly easy install, I used a gas soldering iron to solder every join then used heat shrink to cover the joins that were cut, then covered that with insulation tape..............toffee pie I would recommend that you do disconnect the Battery while you do any wiring work on your car, and have got the new gaskets for the manifold you have got remove to do the plugs ?.....

Allan

i was wondering when you said you were doing the plugs , do you know the inlet manifold has to be removed to access the right hand bank of plugs, quite a lot of stripping off the top of engine.... the left 3 plugs look easy but the ones on the right looks like a 4-5 hour job and you will need new gaskets for the manifold .... have a look on you tube. sorry guys for going off topic

Allan

• Like 1

I knew it was akward, but i just googled it and i saw that the right hand side manifold needs to be taken off and 3 gaskets need to go (p/n 17176-31050)?

bit of a shock, my mechanic said he can do it for 40quid, maybe he doesn't know the work involved. I got the fluids done about 3 weeks back, drives like new now has to be said.

so i might have to call off my spark plug install till i get these gaskets...

I've not done this job on my car yet so i can only go by what i've watched on you tube but i think the gaskets are big O ring type gaskets , I think 6 in all...you know the plugs don't need changing until at least 60k miles.. you should be able get the gaskets in the uk....... get on with doing the folding mirrors instead !!!!!

Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links