Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This feature was only available from the 2009 facelift iirc. If you have this option then you can enable/disable it using the satellite switch to the right of the steering wheel.

This feature was only available from the 2009 facelift iirc. If you have this option then you can enable/disable it using the satellite switch to the right of the steering wheel.

Thanks for the information.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information.

Hi

I have just installed a specific kit coming from australia (81$ aus). It works a treat ! It is the Po-40

As you expect, at locking and unlocking doors, side mirrors fold and unfold. Less than one hour to wire it calmly.

Contact Michael. He is really a friendly guy and he supports you from the order to the end of wiring. Delivery less than 15 days. Industrial product,not chinese quality.

Sorry for my english, i am french

Michael Rychter

michaelr@ashpoint.com.au

Video from youtube

From france lexus is 250 2006

• Like 1

Hi

There is a specific harness for IS2 but for mine, I had to apply a specific wiring by modifying this harness in accordance with the supplier. It a wiring easy to do, work at the first time, less than 1 hour.

Seller:

michaelr@ashpoint.com.au

Regards

Hi from Sydney, Australia

I am indebted to the several members who have alerted me to this thread. Yes, I can supply an electronics kit that will automate the folding of your mirrors when you lock and unlock your car.

The YouTube link previously in this this thread shows how the kit works. You MUST already have the functionality to manually electrically fold the mirrors. The kit does NOT add an electric motor to the mirror.

What is it?

A kit is a wiring harness and a control box containing the encapsulated electrical components. The control box will work on a number of Toyota, Honda, GM, etc. vehicles. Our main experience has been with Lexus (IS250/350) and Toyota (Camry). BTW, the Control Box has a User accessible fuse in case of problems.

How does it connect to the car?

The process involves:

• Removal of the door liner from the driver’s door

• Identifying the style of connector controlling the mirrors (7 or 9 or 11 wire method)

• Cutting and splicing up to nine wires between the Po-40 harness and the wires in the car door.

• Connection of the Po-40 control box to the harness and testing

• Finding a home for the Po-40 within the door liner

• Replace the door liner in place.

How much is it?

Price, postage paid to European destinations is $A91. We accept Visa, Mastercard and (reluctantly) Paypal (they charge too much!)

Make sure to tell me the postal address (yes, some have forgotten this step!)

Support?

If you can link during Australian daylight hours via Skype I’m pleased to guide you in the installation process. Most self-installers take less than an hour to do the job with a few users passing the kit to an auto electrician for the installation.

Unexpected benefit?

Being absent minded I often walk away from the car and wonder “Did I lock the car?” If I can see the mirrors are folded, the car is locked!

Any questions?

Leave a message here or email me directly at MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au

I am attaching the current iteration (we are constantly refining) of the IS250 installation manual.

Best regards,

Michael

[Edited to add latest installation sheet]

ENG_Po-40_RCM_Lexus_is250_05.pdf

The what?

I can't seem to see what you mean? There's a button on the door near the window buttons, which I press to fold them in manually, which I always forget to do when the engine is still on (so I have to turn it back on again... :) ), but I can't see a satellite button.

(2011 model)

The button is not on the drivers door. It is on the dash board below the speedo cluster to the right of the steering wheel and behind the wiper stalk. It has left and right arrow buttons either side. It is the menu you use to set the speed and tacho limiter

The button is not on the drivers door. It is on the dash board below the speedo cluster to the right of the steering wheel and behind the wiper stalk. It has left and right arrow buttons either side. It is the menu you use to set the speed and tacho limiter

Hmmm, I don't think I have it. I can see the buttons you mean, but they only allow you to switch the daytime running lights on/off, parking sensors on/off, and whether to display your speed on the digital dash or not...no option in that menu for folding mirrors from what I can see...ah well.

Perhaps the F-Sport doesn't have it, like the electric steering wheel column thing as well, which I believe comes on your model?

Hmmm, I don't think I have it. I can see the buttons you mean, but they only allow you to switch the daytime running lights on/off, parking sensors on/off, and whether to display your speed on the digital dash or not...no option in that menu for folding mirrors from what I can see...ah well.

Perhaps the F-Sport doesn't have it, like the electric steering wheel column thing as well, which I believe comes on your model?

That is very odd. I have had several 2010 F Sports and their mirrors folded in, but then they also had the electric steering column and memory seats, so maybe the mirrors were deleted for the 2011 model. Yes our 2011 SE-L still has the electric steering column and drivers memory but has lost the passenger memory that our 2007 model has.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi from Sydney, Australia

I am indebted to the several members who have alerted me to this thread. Yes, I can supply an electronics kit that will automate the folding of your mirrors when you lock and unlock your car.

The YouTube link previously in this this thread shows how the kit works. You MUST already have the functionality to manually electrically fold the mirrors. The kit does NOT add an electric motor to the mirror.

Leave a message here or email me directly at MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au

I am attaching the current iteration (we are constantly refining) of the IS250 installation manual.

Best regards,

Michael

Could you adapt this system to work on a MK4 Ford Mondeo?

Could you adapt this system to work on a MK4 Ford Mondeo?

I checked with the engineer (Bangkok, Thailand) but unfortunately they don't have that car in Thailand so they can't advise if the kit would work or not.

The $A91 Po-40 Kit comprises a control box containing all the "smarts" and a wiring harness to link to the car electric system. The control box works in many cars such as Camry, Jazz, Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Honda CR-V, etc. Time and availability of test cars prevents us offering a kit solution for other cars. Additionally, repercussions from the recent Bangkok flooding means our focus has been on the Toyota/Lexus range.

Contact me for photos, instruction sheets, etc.

Best regards from Sydney, Australia

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

An enthusiast in Australia installed a Po-40 in his car and found that he lost his Auto Up/Down function of the window. He "jiggered" the switches till it "fixed itself" (my words!).

The technical folk explained the issue and I thought that others would find the explanation of interest (follows)...

if you remove your Battery for a long time, your windows will be reset and not work in automatic up/down mode.

You can notice that on the door where the automatic up/down function was reset...

--> the green LED in the windows switch will blink. (you have to look the green LED status in the window switch for each door)

So ,when the customer (James_L) removed the connector of the windows master switch for a long time during the installation

--> no power was sent to the windows master switch , it's the same as if you removed the Battery for a long time (some cars reset in 1 one minute , some cars 5 minutes, some cars 15 minutes, etc)

This is the procedure to set the windows back to automatic Up/Down function.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON position

2. Go to the door where the LED in window switch is blinking

3. Hold the window switch DOWN and wait until the window move completely down and continue to hold the switch in DOWN position for 6 seconds.

4. Release the window switch

5. Hold the window switch Up and wait until the window moves completely up and continue to hold the switch in the Up position 6 seconds.

6. Release the window switch

Now you should see the LED in the window switch does not blink --> this window has been set back to automatic Up/Down function.

I found the explanation interesting. I hope it is for you.

Regards from Down Under (Sydney, Australia)

Michael

Thanks for the update Michael. I bought the package from you recently but as yet have not installed. One question I need some help on is where to locate the box within the door lining and with what so that it is securely fixed and would not make 'loose' sound. Solution with pics would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sheesh... When I buy something for my car, I can't wait to get it installed and being used!!!\

Becasue I regularly pull the door liner off my car (to test a kit, check a wire colour, etc) my Po-40 control box is just sitting loose behind the door liner. There is surprisingly a lot of room and the box does not rattle or move about.

One installation, I assisted, the user cut some double sided foam tape and stuck the Po-40 onto the plastic moisture barrier sheet.

Maybe the attached sheet will assist.

Regards,

Michael

WhereIsTheControlBox.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Michael. I bought the package from you recently but as yet have not installed. One question I need some help on is where to locate the box within the door lining and with what so that it is securely fixed and would not make 'loose' sound. Solution with pics would be helpful.

Thanks.

When I fit mine I have it in mind to glue a strip/s of Velcro to the inside of the door panel and a similar strip/s om the control box, this should hold it firm and stop any rattles. HTH

• 4 weeks later...

Right then fellow members. This past week I have carried out two really worthwhile jobs on my 57 plate IS220d SE-L MM

The first job was to clean the EGR Valve and, as stated in my other thread, this has proven to be well worth the effort.

The second job was to fit my recently acquired Po-40 modifcation to enable opening and closing of the door mirrors when locking and unlocking the car and, after a couple of initial hiccups they work perfectly. Now I can't forget to retract the mirrors when I park up anywhere because it does it automatically everytime I lock the doors. Additionally, If I get some distance from the car and wonder whether I locked it or not, a simple glance back will tell me, mirrors retracted equals car locked!

This modification has been utilised mainly on the IS250 but, with the help of Michael (the supplier) and his technical contact, we have come up with a very small alteration to the connections which works perfectly with the 220d. To be able to make use of this modification you must already have the option to retract the mirrors by way of the in-car button on the main switch console on the drivers door. If you have this then you can fit the Po-40.

For me, what amounted in total to half a days work to do both jobs was well worth the relatively small outlay.

If you are like me and love the toys and goodies on modern cars then this mirror mod is well worth the effort.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Have you got a link for purchasing the po-40

Scroll back to page 1 on this topic and look for the post from ASHPOINT. You will find all you need there. He is in Australia.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links