Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I did buy the set too ! I'll give you my feedback :)

I think that I was the first to do this conversion/modification on the 220d, the wiring is different to that on the 250 but there are diagrams/instructions now available. If you didn't specify that you have the 220d when you ordered the po-40 you need to get the revised wiring diagram.

Hi,

I told him but not sure if it's adaptable ? I am trying to install it asap :)

(just received it, sent Monday from UK Supply)

Best regards,

Arnaud

I did mean to mention it earlier but Michael in Australia has a daughter who is currently working in the UK and he is using her as a distribution point, this will undoubtedly speed up the purchase procedure of the Po-40.

Hi,

yes, Michael sent me the kit through his daughter, in a week it was already at home :) (monday sent - friday received)

Michael is very nice and giving lot of explanations

• 2 months later...

I purchased one of these kits for my is250 from Michael and it works a treat. Did not take very long to arrive and only took me about an hour from start to finish to fit, so I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1

I purchased one of these kits for my is250 from Michael and it works a treat. Did not take very long to arrive and only took me about an hour from start to finish to fit, so I'm very happy with it.

Hi Richard, yes indeed these units are very good. You will see from earlier in this thread that I did the mod to my 220D which necessitated a variation to the actual wring but Michael and Mr P in Thailand were very helpful in getting it all working OK.

I did intend to fit the unit to the IS250 that I now have but, because it's not a genuine Lexus part, I have been advised that it will invalidate my warranty, which still has quite some time to run. With that in mind I have decided not to proceed.

• 3 months later...

I bought the Po-40 last month from Michael, just got round to installing it last weekend.

Arrived within 2 days from his London store so bonus points for speedy shipping :driving:

Fantastic little kit and installation was a breeze... plug-in T-harness + 3 wire to splice.... I was lucky that my car has the 9 wire plug, if you have the 7 or 11 wire plug then you will have a bit more work on your hands because of the extra wires that will have to deal with.

That said i did have a little problem initially in that on the user manual one of the 3 wires is supposed to connect to the "thick white" wire which meant i had to double-click the lock button to make the mirrors fold...

The "thick white" wire does not appear to applicable to UK IS220d/IS250 models.

Instead you have to connect it to the "thick purple" wire.

Michael was very helpful in helping me troubleshoot this issue over skype :phone:

Installation time approx 15-30 mins... Also i didn't have to remove the door panel as i was able to pull of the panel from the edges which was sufficient space to carry out the splicing.

Well worth the effort and it adds class to the car :D

Michael - Thank-you very much, im a happy man :zee:

• Like 1

got me hooked.... i want one... 06 reg 220d se... NOW WITH REMOTE FOLDING MIRRORS...

commimg to a driveway near me soon... ;o)

If your car has the motorised mirror then you should get the po-40 for auto folding the mirrors :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can now announce a new version of the Po-40 Folding Mirror Kit. It is in a slightly smaller and lighter package which means we can hold the price saving on shipping/mailing.

The main improvement is that the Po-40 is now "aware" of the position of the manual folding switch. Consider the following:

• You fold your mirrors so you can fit into the tight spot. (Leave the switch in the DOWN position)
  • Now when you return to the car, the Po-40 will sense that the mirrors were manually retracted and will unlock the car without deploying the mirrors. Also, the car will not deploy the mirrors when you start the car.
  • When you clear the tight spot, you can manually deploy the mirrors.

If you don't manually fold the mirrors the Po-40 will do the normal operation to fold and deploy the mirrors when you Lock/UnLock the car.

Contact me for details...

MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow...I am getting one of these kits, just emailed Michael.

Anyone around London or Essex who can help me with the fitting??? Let me know pls :phone:

Just had a look at the PDF instructions and I am already feeling dizzy.....Just not good at DIY

Thank you

Tell you what, if this grey haired old codger can do it, then I'm sure that you can! I mentioned in the thread that I was the first to fit the mod to a 220d and that there were some alterations needed to the wiring which was originally set up for use on the 250 but, with the help of Michael and his electronics genius in Thailand using Messenger, we overcame the problem.

I didn't realise it at the time but I have since been told that it could have had an effect on the warranty with Lexus and that is the reason that I am not doing my current car. I do like the mod though, very much because, when you lock the car and are walking away from it, you can look back and if the mirrors are folded in then you know that you have locked it

It may look daunting but you can take it from me, it really is very straightforward. Go for it. One recommendation that I would make though is to get yourself a nice fine tipped soldering iron, this will help to keep your work nice and neat. You can usually get these quite cheaply from someone like Maplins. I seem to recall that I made a suggestion to Michael about the wiring but at the moment I can't think what it was, it's an age thing you know. The suggestion that I made would enable the unit/fuse to be got at simply by removing the drivers door switch panel as opposed to having to remove the whole door panel, which can be a fag but, using my method you only have to take the whole panel off when first installing the mod. I will see if I can find what it was that I suggested and will get back to you.

Thanks Geoff, I shall give it a go!!!

Just afraid of all the Cam wires as one leads to another and all sorts of electronic issues.

The instructions are very precise. I had no trouble doing the job other than the fact that it did need to be modified slightly because it was a 220d. Michael is very very helpful and if you communicate with him by email he will tell you exactly what time he will be available to guide you if you need it. I seem to remember that I started doing mine at about 7am and was then able to 'chat-on-line' with him and Mr P via messenger, it all worked a real treat. When you contact him, mention my name and he will remember using messenger to get safely and successfully to the end of the procedure. I had to have a multimeter to hand so that I could tell him what readings I was getting from each wire. You won't have this problem of course because you will be working to the original 250 wiring diagram.

Hi guys, it's very nice to see that this thread is still alive and running.

Of course I remember Geoff and his IS-220D. it was one of the early contacts where we used MS Messenger as our medium – these days I prefer to use Skype (Look for me as Ashpoint, Sydney).

I've sort of lost count of the number of installations where I have "sat on someone's shoulder" and helped, and watched via Skype. What a wonderful facility! France, UK, former soviet states and the USA!

In my opinion the warranty issue is not an issue because Lexus would only apply a sanction if it was found that the Po-40 Folding Mirror kit interfered with the facilities of the car – which it doesn't. It's almost like saying that the engine management system is being damaged because you put solar film on the windows!

Here in Sydney (Australia) we have a very enterprising Lexus dealership who does install the Po-40 for customers and offers a one year warranty on their quality and the workmanship. Buyers often get a loan car while the dealership puts in the Po-40 and a car wash when the job is completed! Having said that the bulk of my sales have been to enthusiasts who rather roll up their sleeve, get a bit of dirt on their hands and end up with an "I did it myself" grin on their face.

Best regards to all...

It's a doodle to install :)

I didn't even have to take the whole door panel off either :P

Makes life so much easier when it it comes to locking the car as you can now tell if the car is locked or not lol

So how did you do it with out taking the panel off?

I will check tonight to see how many wires I have on my connector.

<<< It's a doodle to install :) >>>

Please folks, don't get the impression it is THAT easy. I had an enthusiast in my workshop who gave up when he was prying the liner off the car door. The Lexus is so finely manufactured that it feels like you are about to crack the liner panel with the force you need to gain access to the wires behind the liner.

Then, when you have prised the lower door liner off the door, you find it hard to actually remove the liner completely off the car. That's the reason a lot of installs are done with the liner hanging off the top of the door. Trick is that the liner hooks under the little speaker near the mirror. What you do is angle the liner up on the rear the pull the liner backwards and free of he speaker. Boy! - it's harder to write about it than to do it!!!

Then you have to solder - people are worried about soldering. But, it's a must! Please don't do wire joins for cars by twisting wires together. You must solder, then use insulation tape.

Then again, I don't want to discourage you from trying. Degree of difficulty - about a "4."

Time to do an install - about 60 - 90 minutes.

I'm attaching the current install sheet which (I hope) simplifies the job. The complication comes from the fact that the IS range has three different wiring styles and two different colour ranges within the wire loom.

ENG_Po-40_RCM_Lexus_is250_06B.pdf

It's a doodle to install :)

I didn't even have to take the whole door panel off either :P

Makes life so much easier when it it comes to locking the car as you can now tell if the car is locked or not lol

So how did you do it with out taking the panel off?

I will check tonight to see how many wires I have on my connector.

I didn't take the whole panel off... by that i mean just pull it away from the door leaving enough room to access the wires.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Po-40 last month from Michael, just got round to installing it last weekend.

Arrived within 2 days from his London store so bonus points for speedy shipping :driving:

Fantastic little kit and installation was a breeze... plug-in T-harness + 3 wire to splice.... I was lucky that my car has the 9 wire plug, if you have the 7 or 11 wire plug then you will have a bit more work on your hands because of the extra wires that will have to deal with.

That said i did have a little problem initially in that on the user manual one of the 3 wires is supposed to connect to the "thick white" wire which meant i had to double-click the lock button to make the mirrors fold...

The "thick white" wire does not appear to applicable to UK IS220d/IS250 models.

Instead you have to connect it to the "thick purple" wire.

Michael was very helpful in helping me troubleshoot this issue over skype :phone:

Installation time approx 15-30 mins... Also i didn't have to remove the door panel as i was able to pull of the panel from the edges which was sufficient space to carry out the splicing.

Well worth the effort and it adds class to the car :D

Michael - Thank-you very much, im a happy man :zee:

Wish I had seen your post earlier.

Ishaq and I did this mod today and had the same issue. The mirrors fold on double locking only.

I know it's been a while but can you please confirm if the thick purple wire you are referring to is on the connector below? So basically blue from the kit goes to purple instead of white right?

2ikuv0m.jpg

Got advice directly from Micheal regarding this and it's working as per my preference now.

The kit is not difficult to install as long as you read the instructions properly and pace yourself. I personally love automation so here's one less thing for me to do every-time I use the car... :D

Overall I am very pleased with the kit and the service from Micheal. He's been very prompt and helpful in our communication.

Recommended!

Got advice directly from Micheal regarding this and it's working as per my preference now.

The kit is not difficult to install as long as you read the instructions properly and pace yourself. I personally love automation so here's one less thing for me to do every-time I use the car... :D

Overall I am very pleased with the kit and the service from Micheal. He's been very prompt and helpful in our communication.

Recommended!

So Waleed did you connect the blue wire from p40 to the purple wire at connector C. Does your mirror now close with locking the door once or are you still having to lock twice before the mirror closes.

Thanks, also don't forget to text me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links