Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking a t a 92 Lexus 400. The tach meter and the speedo are starting to Blacken. If I buy the car will I be able to still see them in the future or is relacement the only alternative. I can't run aroud without any Indicaters can I??

Also. the car has 132K on it. When is the next Cam Belt change due on it and approximately how much will it cost at a Lexus dealer??

thanks

Glenn

Sir , I mean that the speed indicater/pointer is fading/turning black. Also the tach Pointer is fading/turning black also. I heard that it is £400 to have it fixed. what I need to know is how bad will it get?? will it totally blacken out so i can't see it at all and at some point have to pay to get it fixed?? Or will in alwats be able to read it but with difficulty. Will it be a MOT failure with this defect?? Its an old car but I don't want to have to spend alot of money on it. It has 132K on the clock. When do you have to change the cambelt again??

Glenn

This is a common problem with LS400's

I have an ES300 and it is has the same type of dash and has the same problem. I read somewhere that when the dash lights are set to full brightness they burn out due to the voltage to the unit is a tad too high ( i read this from another forum but from a dash expert)

To get round these burning out altogether simply keep the settings down as low as poss so you can read them. If you have these at full brightness then these will fade to nothing.

it is not an MOT failure and they takes ages to fully burn out if taking the above tip.

I am not sure on the cam belt.. sorry.. I am sure someone will answer you question on that shortly.

Alotgether you will enjoy the car that much that later if the dash problem needs fixing then you will feel it was worth it altogether... LS is king!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links