Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking At Buying An Is200

TheGav

Hi

I currently own a 2003 BMW E46 320d

2011-07-24141910.jpg

Im thinking of selling up and buying a Lexus, around the year 2003.

Just after a bit of info guys please.

Is there any face lift/engine changes around the 2003 era?

Im looking for the sport pack ( AREO?) whats the proper name for this?

Also, silly question prob, but are these RWD?

Any common problems I should be looking out for?

Also are these easy to put on coil overs?...no special stuff involved?

Cheers in advance

I hope you are prepared for the MPG shock? Going from a 45/50MPG 320 to a 26/31 MPG petrol might make you wince!?

2003 sports had darker chrome rear lights and later 2004 all models had satin finish lights all-round including fogs. full leather and 11spoke alloys

get the sport. has some nice wee extras like a slippy diff, privacy glass, 15mm lower, nice aluminium pedals and scuff plates.

Hi

How much are you looking for your bm mate

Cause i am thinking of changing my lexus for a bmw

cheers

Just trying to find its value at the moment mate, I have put a post up here http://www.bmwownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/6469-looking-for-offers-on-my-320d/page__pid__24395#entry24395

Take a look at that dude.

Hi

How much are you looking for your bm mate

Cause i am thinking of changing my lexus for a bmw

cheers

I see you have an IS200...and you want a BMW.....I have a BMW :winky:

Cheers, what are the advantages of a straight 6 2l over a 4 pot?

Mostly the noise and the fuel consumption. But the pull in 6th is unreal! Well Tht maybe gearin rather than 6cylinder;)

Also been looking at 300's..

What are the Road tax prices for each the 200 and 300?

Road tax is the same the max for a pre 2006 car! £260 for the year.

I can cope with £260 ta.

Are there any common problems i should look out for?

From a Toyota!!! Lol

Yup quick google brings up a link to page on this site which tells you what to look for. My flywheel has gone to the dogs:( and she wears the inner shoulders of the front wheels Tony from WIM can sort this but there is no WIM in Norn Iron:(

From a Toyota!!! Lol

Yup quick google brings up a link to page on this site which tells you what to look for. My flywheel has gone to the dogs:( and she wears the inner shoulders of the front wheels Tony from WIM can sort this but there is no WIM in Norn Iron:(

Like a BMW then :winky:

Found that page cheers mate.

As a previous IS200 owner, all I'd say is go for it... Lexus got the engine note spot on with that brilliant straight six. The rest of the car just builds on top of that. Even today, I still think the Mark one IS looks modern. It was one of those cars that when I first saw it, I thought "I'm having one of those" - Road tested it, bought it same day. Will be totally different from your 4 pot oil burner, but all the better for it.

As a previous IS200 owner, all I'd say is go for it... Lexus got the engine note spot on with that brilliant straight six. The rest of the car just builds on top of that. Even today, I still think the Mark one IS looks modern. It was one of those cars that when I first saw it, I thought "I'm having one of those" - Road tested it, bought it same day. Will be totally different from your 4 pot oil burner, but all the better for it.

The main thing i worried about is the acceleration.

On paper the 320d is a second faster than the IS200, with may sway me to the IS300, but not keen on the fuel costs, is there a lot of difference?

0-60 times don't really tell the whole story though. I always found it brisk rather than fast off the line. You could always bolt on a supercharger?

Was thinking about a SC, but will only be keeping it for 2 years.

Got a go in my friends IS200 next weekend so will make or break my decision.

It's also worth mentioning that straight 6 engines are much smoother running. If you wanna get nerdy about it it's all to do with perfect primary/secondary balance and the overlapping power strokes. :winky:

It's also worth mentioning that straight 6 engines are much smoother running. If you wanna get nerdy about it it's all to do with perfect primary/secondary balance and the overlapping power strokes. :winky:

I like nerdy lol..

I know BMW used to do the 2l straight 6 but stopped due to fuel cost/emmisions ect.

Just wondered why Toyota kept this config on.

Im warming to the idea of the swap now, just need to get a value on the E46 so I know what I can look for in a IS

i tried the is200 saloon & then is300 sportcross gav , the creamy silence & smoothness of the 300 won me over & after 3months the mpg hasn't proved disastrous , i switched from a 2007 520d ,fuelwise a week i now put £30/£35 in instead of £25/£30 but the noise,smell & uncomfortable bonenummbing drive of 18inch runflats is something i'm glad to be rid of

no regrets mate , ,£10k difference in cash & enjoying my lexus luxuries , happy days

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links