Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member 94 Ls400 Owner

lexus lee 72

Hi just joined and thought i would say hello! Live in coventry and finally bought a lexus ls400 1994 on a m plate after years of wanting one! took a chance on it cause it has 10 owners and no history that i know of with 209,000 miles but ran, drove and stopped well and has a mint body/interior and runs on lpg all for £475 with 10 months m o t! hasn't missed a beat and recon must be worth at least 400 scrap value so took the plunge and so glad i did! WOW what a car i am smitten!

Hi Lee

My first Lexus was a 94 LS loved it and it started my love of Lexus. Now on my fourth (GS300).

I owned my 400 for about three years and the only things I had to deal with were the common air con display failing and a seized wheel nut. Just keep on top of the servicing and don't cut corners with the oil mate and she can carry on for as long as you want.

You know your post reminded me of when I first sat in the LS400 and turned the ignition on. Seeing the steering wheel adjust itself automatically to me and the way the instrument panel seems to just be in 3d was amazing.

You know your post reminded me of when I first sat in the LS400 and turned the ignition on. Seeing the steering wheel adjust itself automatically to me and the way the instrument panel seems to just be in 3d was amazing.

cool first seen one around 1992 when a garage owner who sold bentley's had one and told me he loved it and also had the same one at this villa in spain! it made an impression cos i thought it must be good if he isn't using one of his bentley's!

Had a similar story.... I was Group Director of HR and was introduced to a new Sales Director. His previous role had been Sales Director of the Exotic car section of Reg Vardy up near Sunderland. He told me that in terms of everyday use, he would rather have an LS400 than any of the cars he was responsible for. These included Astons, Lotus, Ferrari and even Bentley! He reasoned that he knew exactly how reliable the others were and would prefer to own a Lexus himself meanwhile though, he was happy to run around in the company cars as and when they came in!

Had a similar story.... I was Group Director of HR and was introduced to a new Sales Director. His previous role had been Sales Director of the Exotic car section of Reg Vardy up near Sunderland. He told me that in terms of everyday use, he would rather have an LS400 than any of the cars he was responsible for. These included Astons, Lotus, Ferrari and even Bentley! He reasoned that he knew exactly how reliable the others were and would prefer to own a Lexus himself meanwhile though, he was happy to run around in the company cars as and when they came in!

cool rumour has it bill gates had a ls400 and adored it so did paul macca! is your gs300 a mark 1? that car was to be a jaguar but they couldn't afford the design or couldn't afford to build it someone once told me! don't know if its true or not!

Yepp.... a Mk1. I first saw one when I went to test drive the LS400. Truth be told, I preferred it but the LS400 was cheaper at the time. The guy I mentioned told me that he was talking about the LS400 with the Mercedes rep who told him that when it first went on sale, Mercedes bought one, took it apart and priced up how they could benefit from it. They worked out it would cost them 4 times as much to make the same car.

Yepp.... a Mk1. I first saw one when I went to test drive the LS400. Truth be told, I preferred it but the LS400 was cheaper at the time. The guy I mentioned told me that he was talking about the LS400 with the Mercedes rep who told him that when it first went on sale, Mercedes bought one, took it apart and priced up how they could benefit from it. They worked out it would cost them 4 times as much to make the same car.

yeah like the gs300 mark 1 myself! might get one to go with my ls400! when designing the ls400 apparently lexus took apart a couple of bentley's to see how they were made lol!

Welcome to the LOC.

Your in the 1994 LS400 section same as me,except mine is really a Toyota badged import model.

How did you acquire yours for that price with LPG fitted?

seen a house with 3 lexus's on the drive 2 lexus ls400's and 1 lexus gs300 knocked on the door and asked if he planned to to sell any! he said yeah the gs300 he wanted 750 for and one of the 400's he wanted 550 for!he had just bought a newer 400 with 100,000 miles on so thats why he was selling the other 2!looked at both and test drove them and fancied the 400 so offered him 475 on the spot and took it home! no trouble with it in the 3 months i have had it and it has 209,000 miles on it! recon i got a bargain!

Welcome to the LOC.

Your in the 1994 LS400 section same as me,except mine is really a Toyota badged import model.

How did you acquire yours for that price with LPG fitted?

seen a house with 3 lexus's on the drive 2 lexus ls400's and 1 lexus gs300 knocked on the door and asked if he planned to to sell any! he said yeah the gs300 he wanted 750 for and one of the 400's he wanted 550 for!he had just bought a newer 400 with 100,000 miles on so thats why he was selling the other 2!looked at both and test drove them and fancied the 400 so offered him 475 on the spot and took it home! no trouble with it in the 3 months i have had it and it has 209,000 miles on it! recon i got a bargain!

all 3 of them had lpg kits on them