Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Guys.i've just been quoted £560 for my next service in the new year, for a 6yr/40k service on my 06 sel. from my lexus dealer, is this the going rate. Iam getting a price from my local toyota dealer, but i feel lexus are holding me to ransom a bit as the car has to be serviced to validate the lexus warranty. and when there charging £20 to change batteries in the fobs,[ichanged my self which cost me £3.00 for 2 and 5 mins to change].so can anybody confirm this quote one way or other. thanks in advance

Hi, Guys.i've just been quoted £560 for my next service in the new year, for a 6yr/40k service on my 06 sel. from my lexus dealer, is this the going rate. Iam getting a price from my local toyota dealer, but i feel lexus are holding me to ransom a bit as the car has to be serviced to validate the lexus warranty. and when there charging £20 to change batteries in the fobs,[ichanged my self which cost me £3.00 for 2 and 5 mins to change].so can anybody confirm this quote one way or other. thanks in advance

Easiest thing to do is email a few Lexus dealers for quotes which, if lower, you can then maybe use to get your dealer to match them. This has worked for me in the past.

Lexus in Coventry and Birmingham both quoted me approx £580 for the 100k service on my IS220d. As I spend a lot of time in Sunderland I phoned up the Newcastle Lexus dealership who quoted £320 for the same.....needless to say they are having the car on Monday!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Glenn

You don't state where you live, but as other posters herein have stated, email a few of your local dealers and do quote comparisons. There can be significant variations. I have the same vehicle as yourself on a 56-plate, but a manual, but has only covered 14k miles. I did exactly the same email trawl and have recently taken out a 3-year service plan with Lexus Sidcup (Ask for Samantha Artlett, 01322 611106 - mention my name and maybe I'll get a referrer's fee !) to cover the 40k, 50k and 60k services for £1094.76 (the dealer knocked off £191.07 to gain my business). Payments are being made over 20 months on interest free credit (are there any three sweeter words in the language, other, of course, than those you always want to hear from your girlfriend - "I'm not pregnant").

I've not had the first service yet, but it's imminent. Oh, the price also includes free MOTs for the duration of the service plan, free puncture repair and 10% discount on additional work.

Let us know how you get on, and I shall do likewise with my experience with Lexus Sidcup.

Hi Glenn

You don't state where you live, but as other posters herein have stated, email a few of your local dealers and do quote comparisons. There can be significant variations. I have the same vehicle as yourself on a 56-plate, but a manual, but has only covered 14k miles. I did exactly the same email trawl and have recently taken out a 3-year service plan with Lexus Sidcup (Ask for Samantha Artlett, 01322 611106 - mention my name and maybe I'll get a referrer's fee !) to cover the 40k, 50k and 60k services for £1094.76 (the dealer knocked off £191.07 to gain my business). Payments are being made over 20 months on interest free credit (are there any three sweeter words in the language, other, of course, than those you always want to hear from your girlfriend - "I'm not pregnant").

I've not had the first service yet, but it's imminent. Oh, the price also includes free MOTs for the duration of the service plan, free puncture repair and 10% discount on additional work.

Let us know how you get on, and I shall do likewise with my experience with Lexus Sidcup.

Hi,Glynbo. I am in cornwall, my nearest Lexus dealer would be a 160 mile round trip for me,where as my local toyota dealer is a 15 mile trip, who i have used for all work and servicing over the last 10 yrs on my toyota supra tt, firstly they had trouble getting servicing schedule from lexus ,and then to come in over £200 cheaper and remember all parts are stamped & boxed as toyota,also my extended lexus warranty are happy for toyota to service to maintain warranty. as i see it ,i'll have £200 odd pounds towards next years lexus warranty, hopefully teach lexus to be more competitive in the future. i guess it's different if you live in the city= more choice of lexus dealers, so they have to be more competitive

This ia all very in interesting to me. On Saturday i went to Currie Motors in Isleworth which is my local Toyota dealership. I bought a few plastic clips for the engine covers at £1.73 each! Whilst I was there I was able to find all part numbers for my IS250, and was informed of a recall. Needless to say I will be arranging to have the remedial work done by them.

One of the staff did tell me that the service prices were the same as Lexus though. There were a few IS250's in the service department car park. I will keep you posted on this as I am due a 40k service next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of getting 60K service quotes for my IS250 auto, and to be honest I think the dealers are trying it on at the moment.

The quotes I've received (East Anglian dealers) range from £550 to £640. After haggling with each of them, the best price I got one of them down to was £487.

Considering I paid £330 for an identical 40K service about 18 months ago that equates to an increase of about 50%!

Bearing in mind the car is out of warranty I'll probably just take it to a trusted local garage who'll charge about £180 for exactly the same service.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my 40k service on my 56-plate IS250 SE-L Manual MM at Lexus Sidcup this morning. Took 2 hours while I was partaking of their tea and biscuits. Total price on the bill came to £342.23. This is the first of my three services as part of a service plan (see above for details).

Very pleased with the service, and would recommend them, although my car is in shock through being cleaned inside and out !

Lexus in Coventry and Birmingham both quoted me approx £580 for the 100k service on my IS220d. As I spend a lot of time in Sunderland I phoned up the Newcastle Lexus dealership who quoted £320 for the same.....needless to say they are having the car on Monday!!

Kon123 Toyota Durham are even cheaper and both garages are owned by the same group. In fairness Lexus Newcastle will price match and are very good.

I'm in the process of getting 60K service quotes for my IS250 auto, and to be honest I think the dealers are trying it on at the moment.

The quotes I've received (East Anglian dealers) range from £550 to £640. After haggling with each of them, the best price I got one of them down to was £487.

Considering I paid £330 for an identical 40K service about 18 months ago that equates to an increase of about 50%!

Bearing in mind the car is out of warranty I'll probably just take it to a trusted local garage who'll charge about £180 for exactly the same service.

It has been my experience that if you express shock & horror at the service price, Lexus Garages manage to come up with a rather lower one.

Just been quoted £485 for a 40k service or £569 for 40k plus intermediate using their service plan (50% upfront and balance payable over 12 months interest free) at Lexus Twickenham. Just been in to have the Brake cylinder recall done. Car was returned to me washed and valeted, plus a complimentary bottle of champagne on the front seat. A nice touch i thought.

Seeing as my car is out of warranty, i can get the same service done using Toyota parts for around £200 at my independent.

• 1 month later...