Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F / Gt86

• 1 year later...

I tried the Subaru BRZ. It was great fun, but I found the engine rough and a little underpowered. It only had about 50 miles on the clock and Subaru engines normally need 10000 miles in them before they loosen up fully so I mean to go back and test a BRZ or GT86 which has been used a bit.

The interior wasn't particularly memorable, but seemed to be robust like all Subarus. I couldn't say if its the same as the GT86 though, as I've not had a go in one. I can't imagine they would be that different.

actually I was at Toyota sourcing some parts for my car and saw the GT86 in the metal and I must say its design is not like any other sport Coupe on the road today. it sits really low to the ground and though I haven't been in the IS-F I have test driven the IS250 which I guess shares most interior dash parts with the IS-F but might be wrong. for £25K the GT86's interior looked good with all dials and switches looking nice hadn't booked for a test drive when I got there so couldn't take one for a spin but I heard they are fun cars to drive. since its pretty much a Subaru engine and Subaru sells the BRZ version, there are rumours Subaru is toying with the idea of bringing out a turbo charged version chucking out 300bhp and with a weight of around 1200KG that's gives it a power to weight ratio of 250bhp per ton. now that pretty much matches the IS-F in terms of power to weight ratio performance.. even with slight mods they are said to out do more powerful cars on the track. looks like a fun little Toyota

This is one hunting some curves at the ring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekKDycY7wCY

actually I was at Toyota sourcing some parts for my car and saw the GT86 in the metal and I must say its design is not like any other sport Coupe on the road today. it sits really low to the ground and though I haven't been in the IS-F I have test driven the IS250 which I guess shares most interior dash parts with the IS-F but might be wrong. for £25K the GT86's interior looked good with all dials and switches looking nice hadn't booked for a test drive when I got there so couldn't take one for a spin but I heard they are fun cars to drive. since its pretty much a Subaru engine and Subaru sells the BRZ version, there are rumours Subaru is toying with the idea of bringing out a turbo charged version chucking out 300bhp and with a weight of around 1200KG that's gives it a power to weight ratio of 250bhp per ton. now that pretty much matches the IS-F in terms of power to weight ratio performance.. even with slight mods they are said to out do more powerful cars on the track. looks like a fun little Toyota

This is one hunting some curves at the ring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekKDycY7wCY

The thing is though mate it could have 400 break but it wouldn't sound like an isf ,turbo cars are too snatchy , the isf is smooth all the way . I drove the gt 86 , nice but does sound too Subaru impretza for me , have u test driven an isf

• 3 weeks later...

in my dreams :lol: ... I know what you mean 6 ,8 12 Cylinder NA's do sound better than 4 pot Turbo's but saying that I have heard the sound of some Sti's with custom exhausts and they sound and burble like angry V8's their sound alone draws attention ..if I was in the position I will have a GT86 Turbo for track days cus it balanced, and very light and IS-F for every day street driving with the occasional blast when in the mood..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links