Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Tints Is200 And Exhaust Help

LexusNath

Hi everyone, just bought a lexus is200LE B) , i was thinking about having all my windows apart from windscreen tinted (i know having front sides is illegal :rolleyes: but want it done as will look better), was wondering if anyone has had thiers done and at what shade of tint they gone for. Also i am after getting a stainless exuast system for the car, i have heard cobra sport have a good system.

thanks for you help. :D

Hi mate & welcome.

I wouldn't tint the side windows it's good to be able to see what's coming and the Law will love you :lol:

And as for an exhaust are you looking at a full cat back system or just the back box, i had a back box made for just over £200 and it sounds great.

Good luck.

Hi mate.Have a look on you tube you can get an idea of the sound of the exhaust system your interested in.

I've had a lots of cars and lots of exhausts and the one thing i hate is cabin drone especially on a long drive so you'd be better of with a mid sport sound,i'd try and look for something local you may be able to get a good deal especially in the home counties.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the tinted windows by myself (only on the side rear, because the rear window is too large and difficult).

It's very easy to do, you can find many tutorials on youtube. I can't remember exactly the percentage (I think 75%), DON'T go higher or it will be very dangerous at night (I'll check the box to be sure).

Regarding the exhaust, if it's your everyday car I suggest you to buy just the muffler. It's cheaper, and the final look is the same.

I installed and fitted my Magnaflow for about 250€ (very nice sound) and I plan to change also the cat in future.

Expecially if you have the 1G-FE engine, you can't raise significantly the horsepower with only an exhaust, but you can make the engine a bit more responsive just replacing the 3 main bottlenecks (air filter, muffler and catalyzer).

Good luck with your new lady :winky:

• 4 weeks later...

Tinted front side windows isnt illegal never has been.I have mine tinted and have had for 2 and half years never been stopped for it. Just tint a light shade thats all i can say. Mine are illegal but only a couple of shades. The back side windows are 2 shades darker than the front but it doesnt look like it. I have a black is so it looks very smart. dont have the rear screen done it makes your car feel like a cave when your in the back.

I have a twin exit back box custom mad ein chrome and stainless steel. theres a tail pipe on both sides of the car (gs300 style) it wasnt cheap but than as its stainless and good quality chrome i wont ven need to change it again. It very very slightly louder and doesnt seem to have any effect on performance but it looks dam cool and i know for sure and for certain its a one off system as i designed it myself

Same with any mod in my opinion, if you go too far the police will want to know what and why , if you dont stand out then they wont notice you!!.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links