Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Supercharger For Mot

Hi guys.

The case is that I have an IS200 with the TTE supercharger kit installed. It is now time for getting what I'm guessing that you call an MOT in the UK. Where a certified Auto Shop has to approve my car for two more years according to the EU regulations. So i have a supercharger kit installed with the HKS FCD.

Are there any easy ways to get it approved without removing the supercharger kit completely. What I need is basicly to get the correct emmisions on the test.

Tried to remove the supercharger yesterday and just run it by taking in air from the intercooler piping after the charger. Just installed a filter. The car runs, but i get a fuelcut at 3000 RPM. Have also removed the FCD. Im guessing that the car is not running correctly since the air filter box is not connected? So that the air mass transmitter is not getting the correct signals? Are there any sillione hoses that can be used to connect the air filter box directly to the intercooler pipe?

Or can i just install the supercharger again and then force open the bypass valve without the drive belt installed? Will that work just like an unboosted car?

Regards Fredrik

If the supercharger has been fitted correctly in the first place then it should pass the MOT without any bother. BTW, the MOT is required every year not every two.

I live in Norway and here it is every second year. Wouldn't the 02 levels in the exhaust change because of HKS FCD?

Fredrik

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links