Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx-300 Dont Start

Hello,

Since today i got an Lexus rx-300 yr 2000.

With a broken key.I got now 2parts,the metal part and the chip part.

The car doesnt start.

You guys think its because of the key?

or do i need to look to other things?

The security light keeps flashing a red light.

The starting engine works good.

I could use some advice.

Johan

When you turn the key to start the car, are you holding the chip part next to the ignition slot?

Immobiliser chip won't deactivate the immobiliser if it's more than a couple of inches away from the ignition slot. Once it's started you can put the broken bit in your pocket, but to start it you need it in close proximity.

It is difficult to understand what your problem is because of the fractured English in which it is written. Why not get a new key or use the spare: This would seem a good start point.

This new member is obviously from his profile non UK based and therefore I consider their grasp of the english language pretty good if not their 1st language and certainly better than my French,German or Greek.

I found it easy to understand the post, he has a broken ignition key and although the car is turning over on the starter it does not fire up.

As advised by M1pui it is worth making sure the key fob part is close to the ignition lock when trying to start the car.

They may not have access to dealer facilities nearby to obtain a replacement key which as we know is not just a case of getting a new key cut,if the master ket is damaged this could mean a complete reprogram and finally not everyone has a spare key ( but really should I know in an ideal world).

This happened when my key snapped. Repeatedly trying to start the car drained the Battery. I had to get a jump start and use a spare key.

What other say about the transponder needing to be near the ignition is true also.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links