Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Woeful In The Snow

andy m w

well i had read how utterly useless these cars are in the snow but earlier today i found myself snaking to a halt 20yards from home in less than 50mm of white stuff :hehe: had to laugh it was that hopeless , tried again with a stone flag in the boot & autobox set to "snow" HAHA that must be on there from some previous jeremy beadle show :lol:

luckily i could go out in our passat which managed no problem , , just concerns me a little that if you go anywhere in winter & there is a light snowfall your'e pretty much stranded in the lexus

Lots of torque, RWD, autobox, fat summer tyres, not good in the snow. Lexus is no worse than similar BMW's, Merc's etc. Brother in law has a 120D which he parks on a double driveway. Could not get it out last winter - had to use his wife's 10 year old Fiesta for work. That had no problem. Winter tyres the only answer.

Lots of torque, RWD, autobox, fat summer tyres, not good in the snow. Lexus is no worse than similar BMW's, Merc's etc. Brother in law has a 120D which he parks on a double driveway. Could not get it out last winter - had to use his wife's 10 year old Fiesta for work. That had no problem. Winter tyres the only answer.

winter tyres :winky: should have a set on my spare 16,s before the week is out , guess the 18's i have on now won't help :hehe:

Winter tyres are your only answer. I put mine on now once the temperature drops into single figures and leave them on till the temperatures are consistently back in the double figures. The level of grip the winter tyres provides is fantastic in the wet, dry, snow and ice compared to summer tyres. The car sticks to the road no matter what.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links