Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Wont Start

japow

Hello all my MK2 GS300 Sport inexplicably refused to budge just now. The engine turned as normal and fired up for a split second before dying.

Now it just turns over freely as if the starter isnt connected to anything on the car.

Any ideas?

Is the red security light out once the key is inserted? Sounds like the immobiliser has maybe kicked in. Did the Battery go flat needing a jump? Maybe try leaving the ignition switched on (not started) for 10 minutes. Remove key and retry. Other than that, check fuel level and fuses next.

Is the red security light out once the key is inserted? Sounds like the immobiliser has maybe kicked in. Did the battery go flat needing a jump? Maybe try leaving the ignition switched on (not started) for 10 minutes. Remove key and retry. Other than that, check fuel level and fuses next.

The Battery isnt in the best state but the engine spins merrily enough. I'm hoping it's an electronic issue rather than mechanical as I understand even a broken timing belt could be to blame.

Cars (and central heating boilers) always seem to kick you in the teeth during cold holidays. I've gone & joined the AA & hopefully their tech can sort it later.

Is the red security light out once the key is inserted? Sounds like the immobiliser has maybe kicked in. Did the battery go flat needing a jump? Maybe try leaving the ignition switched on (not started) for 10 minutes. Remove key and retry. Other than that, check fuel level and fuses next.

The AA came out and sorted it. Turned out to be a flooded engine caused by a short move when i repositioned the car in the drive then switched off again. Apparently Lexus, Mercs and BMWs are prone to doing this...

The car is due a service so will ensure this includes a new set of spark plugs...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links