Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Locking/alarm Not Working

dmacdou1

Hi. Well I've had my IS200 about a month now, still loving it but have developed my first problem. Came home from work tonight and it took me a few presses on the key fob to lock the car. "thats wierd" I thought, so I tried unlocking it again, which didnt work. I had to unlock it with the key, which set off the alarm. Got that off when I started the car.

So basically now the car starts ok but will not open/close the doors with the remote. The locks operate when I use the button on the drivers door ok. Its not the key, same issue with my spare key. I've checked all the 3 fuseboxes and can only find 2 fuses with "door" on them(theyre not really very well labeled are they), 1 in each footwell, and they're ok.

Any ideas as to what my problem might be?

Is it a repeatable issue if you car is parked at different locations, because occasionally I have the same problem, and I think its down to interference of the transmitter frequency.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/remote-controls/1180526-car-alarm-interference.html

Very annoying, but for me its repeatable, if I park at the same spot. If I park the car like 10m away from this "blackhole" spot then the remote will work perfectly.

Is it a repeatable issue if you car is parked at different locations, because occasionally I have the same problem, and I think its down to interference of the transmitter frequency.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/remote-controls/1180526-car-alarm-interference.html

Very annoying, but for me its repeatable, if I park at the same spot. If I park the car like 10m away from this "blackhole" spot then the remote will work perfectly.

Have to agree with Steviee, happened to me before....

Hi

Try the key near the back window(of your car that's where the receiver is)!, saw that worked on another thread on this site. Interference was the cause in the end. This will help a tempory fix if Battery is on its way out too. But Battery change has to be the second route if this doesn't work for you.

John

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Heres the update, its just randomly started working again, :D which is puzzling. Still think i'll change the batteries in the remotes though, cant hurt and at least it rules them out for the sake of a couple of quid. Is it possible the door switch is iffy, I know some other cars i've had wouldnt lock/activate the alarm if one of the doors was open so was wondering if that could be the issue? As for the interference I'll keep an eye on that, but it wasnt working outside my house, then it is again so dont think its location related.

• 6 months later...

My daughter had this problem with our IS200 yesterday. Came home, parked on the drive and had trouble locking the car. Went to go out an hour later, could not unlock the car. Tried to unlock driver's door manually with the key but set off the alarm and door would not open.

As the car was under warranty called Lexus who sent out the AA. AA man tried a couple of times and of course the car unlocked and locked perfectly!!!

AA man left. Tried car again. Would not unlock. ARRRGH!!! Also tried our RX400h but that would not unlock either.

Going back into the house to ring Lexus again when I noticed that the remote control for the house alarm (Response wireless alarm) on my keyring had the LED lit up. One of the buttons was stuck in. Released the button and hey presto everything back to normal.

Obvious when you know the answer!!!!

Hope that helps

JBP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links