Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 2002 Brake Warning Light And 'trc'

hi all

IS200 2002

recently, the brake warning light on the dash seems to come on at the same time as the TRC light (TRC light flashes, brake light is constant). some days the lights will not come on at all, but other days the lights will on remain on all day no matter how times i switch off/on. i have replaced the front pads, however the rear pads could do with being replaced as they are low.

is the brake warning light telling me that the rear pads are low, or is there another reason for the brake light being on?

why is the TRC light on?

many thanks in advance for all and any suggestions

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your reply ormi and apologise for my late reply, work commitments just took over.

checked all bulbs and none are blown, however brake light still comes on. do the rear pads have electronic wear indicators? the front pads dont so i guess the rears probably dont either, but maybe you guys here could confirm for me.

also, regarding the 'TRC' light, i've been pointed towards the TRC switch and been told that a faulty switch can cause the TRC light to show on the dash. has anyone had this problem and subsequently solved it by replacing the TRC switch?

thanks

hi there mate my brakelight has been on constantly for a few months now to, ive cheecked all bulbs, fluids and everything is fine, it confuses me!! and i also had my trc light flashing along with my engine management light last year. when i had the diagnostic check at my local garage they told me that i had an abs fault!!! had all my sensors checked and both lights went out. havent been on since. just thought id share

thanks for the input grosey. i certainly dont like the idea of the brake light being on, it just doesnt give me peace of mind even though it may just be a dirty sensor or something minor. what was the fault with your ABS and what did you have done to get the lights out?

cheers pal

Tel