Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey - recently got a nice 98 LS400 - has the 17 inch alloys, but these use locking wheel nuts. May seem like a stupid question, but this is the first car I've had with locking wheel nuts and I've no idea how to get them off ! Four of the nuts have circular caps which stick proud of the sides of the nut, and the fifth is just a sided nut which rotates. Have what I've been told is the wheel nut key in the boot - kind of an adaptor socket with three pins recessed in one end - but can't figure out how this is supposed to fit on the nuts - nowhere obvious for the three recessed pins to fit. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there larj,the nut which rotates you should have an adaptor that

fits over it and you just pull it off,then you can put the adaptor with

the three pins onto the exposed nut and undo in the usual manner.

hope this helps

:D :D

Hi - thanks for that info. Don't have the first adaptor. Is it in the toolkit ? If so, I need to call the dealer to find out where this toolkit has gone. Thanks for your help.

should just pull off

with a bit of gentle persuasion

Thanks for the info - talked to the dealer I bought the car off (Stirling of Worcester) - gotta say, nicest guy to do business with, can't do enough - he agreed right off the bat to pay for a new toolkit from Lexus - not real expensive (Lexus are saying about £60), but this type of customer service makes a real nice change.