Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Fob Not Working

Hi guys!

I'm pretty new to this site and pretty new to is200's...

Anyways, I've come across an issue with my key fobs/central locking.. the other day while stripping out all the interior (I know, cringe! but she's going to be a track car!) I removed the sun visors and interior lights and noticed that my remote key fob stopped working! I've checked over christmas on a few posts/forums and a fair few other people have had the same issue. But most of them have started working again randomly! Well, it's been a week now and it's still not working!

I've read up that the central locking is connected up to the interior lights (it shares the same fuse) and when I removed the interior lights, this might have triggered a fuse to blow, and after looking at the dome fuse in the passenger footwell, it looks alright to me! Also, the actual central locking works fine, as I am using the central locking button inside to lock all four doors at the moment.

I also heard that it might be interferance, but I've moved the car across england since and it still doesn't work!

I've also, of course, heard about the key fob Battery, but after returning home after christmas, I checked this with my spare key and still nothing wants to work! Although the little red lights do light up in both, so that's a clear indicator that the batteries are fine!!

I have recently moved the responder from the rear window so it's out of view from public, but the problem occured way before I even moved this!

Does anyone know what else I could try? I might just replace the fuse and batteries anyway as I'm at the point of just buying an aftermarket alarm system.. although I'm going to get one anyway (viper) because she's going to be a track car and I don't want her to get nicked! Are there any other fuses I could check? As the central locking is working, it's just the fob!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, new to the IS myself but had the same issue recently, I'm one of the ones where it just started working again :) . One idea i had was maybe the door open/close switch might be iffy. I'm basing that on other cars i've had where the car wouldnt lock with the remote if the door wasn't cosed properly, so thought that maybe the car was thinking the door was open, and therefore refusing to lock, if you know what i mean. Dunno if the IS works this way, but might be worth checking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links