Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Angel Camera Devices

Is there a member with an RX400h or 450h using the new Road Angel Professional Connected, or Professional or Vantage GPS speed and camera warning units? I used an early model "plus Classic" for years with no problems. This type had to be upgraded regularly via USB/PC connection. Now not compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista programmes. Road angel have changed it, with discounted price, for the latest Professional. These models are updated every 3 minutes by an inbuilt telephone connection. No computer needed, very clever. BUT 2 units supplied are not able to keep connected to the satellites. This could be interference from the hybrid system. Road Angel do not know. Has anyone in the club had the same problem?

Kind regards. Linehill. (RX400h 55 plate)

Hi, iv'e got a RX400h on a 07 plate and have been running a Road Angel vantage for some time now with no problems at all and before that the professionally connected, so i dont think there is any interference from the hybrid system, I can only assume you have been unlucky with Road Angel units.

Hi, iv'e got a RX400h on a 07 plate and have been running a Road Angel vantage for some time now with no problems at all and before that the professionally connected, so i dont think there is any interference from the hybrid system, I can only assume you have been unlucky with Road Angel units.

Good news. Did you have to fit an external aerial and have you got the unit windscreen or dash mounted? I have tried both positions and with and without the aerial in various places on the windscreen. Sometime the unit worked, but kept loosing the bottom left bars indicating GSM strength/GPRS connectivity. After a miles the unit display freezes and cease to work.Road Angel have changed the professional connected unit and have now got the second one back for testing. Why did you go to the Vantage? Kind regards Simon at Linehill

Good news. Did you have to fit an external aerial and have you got the unit windscreen or dash mounted? I have tried both positions and with and without the aerial in various places on the windscreen. Sometime the unit worked, but kept loosing the bottom left bars indicating GSM strength/GPRS connectivity. After a miles the unit display freezes and cease to work.Road Angel have changed the professional connected unit and have now got the second one back for testing. Why did you go to the Vantage? Kind regards Simon at Linehill

HI, no i didn't have to fit an external aerial and i have the Vantage windscreen mounted and it works perfectly, it sometimes searches for a satellite connection, but it picks it up pretty quickly and this is quite normal. The reason i have the Vantage is because Road Angel contacted me as regards being one of their spotters and i got it as a freebie and it is far superior to the professionally connected so i would definitely recommend it, i hope this has been of some help.

Regards Neil

Hi, Neil. Thanks for your information. Very useful. I spoke to Road Angel and they now tell me that the Professional Connected and the Professional have been discontinued. Denied there was a problem, but said a new and better camera detection model will be launched in a couple of months time. The Vantage model is now the only one available, and they might replace mine with a Vantage. Here's hoping! Regards Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Final update. I have now fitted the Road Angel Vantage model to the windscreen. It works fine and checks both your actual speed and warns of fixed and mobile speed cameras, blackspots, schools, average speed limits and more. Regards Linehill

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links