Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Water In Car!

yusaf1

Hi, for some time we have had some more than normal ammounts of condensation in the car and have been wondering why and how this could be. On closer inspection the floor carpets on the driver side and rear passenger drivers side are soaking wet. There is no sign of water leaking from the roof or doors. I am thinking of a hole in the floor pan or if there is a leak from a pipe that runs under the carpet in that direction?? The passenger side front and back is bone dry. Any ideas???

I think you may have to do some detective work to find the cause but check the sunroof drain pipes.

The sunroof drain pipes pass through a gromit on each side of the boot to the underside of the car and one may have been dislodged check the boot area on both sides for correct routing and see if the spare wheel well is also full of water.

I'd agree with Steve regarding the sunroof. Its happened on a couple of cars of mine so would be my first point of investigation.

Ditto. My drainage holes under the sun roof were so blocked that I had to use a wet and dry vac to get all of the water out of the carpet and roof lining. So much water came in it set the alarm off at 4am!

I used a thin nylon rod with a small ball at the end to clear it (gently) I think they're used by electricians for routing cables but not sure, I borrowed it from a friend.

Thanks for all your replies on this, had a bit of a nightmare though!

I had some nylon rods and thought to give it a go rodding through the sunroof as we could not see any hose in the boot. After some pushing and pulling the end appeared on the ground near the back wheel, any blockage cleared we thought! I then took out all the carpet lining in the boot to find the plastic tube. Evedently it seemed to have come out from the grommet and filling the car with water instead of draining out. On removing the rods one of them snapped and now still stuck in the car roof somewhere!!! Is it likely that the water will pass through or now fill up and gush in and around the sunroof and flood the roof????

This is a double post also on the GS300 forum, I thought I had already made a suggestion as to the cause then looked at the other post and thought strange my reply wasn't there.

Good to hear it was the pipe out.

If it was only thin nylon it shouldn't cause any problems just keep an eye on it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links