Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

First post here, and not (yet) an owner. I have a deal with Mrs Wife that if I lose 2 stone :huh: then I can replace my '07 Skoda Octavia vRS with something else (I do LOVE the vRS but would like more toys).

I'm VERY interested in a GS 450h. Love the idea of a powerful hybrid, CVT gearbox and unbeatable reliability and luxury. I do have a few detailed (some would say anal) questions though to help me make up my mind.

1. Does the GS have lane change indicators. On my Skoda I just need to flick the indicator stalk and the car flashes the indicator 3 times, very handy on my motorway commute. Does the GS do this?

2. I love DAB radio and have a Pure Highway wired into my car using the AUX input socket on the Skoda. I am lead to believe that an AUX input is only available on post 2008MY GS, is this true?

3. If so, then I have to have a post post 2008MY car. Did the indicators move from the front fender to the mirrors in this same 08MY change (therefore I need to look for a car with the indicators in the mirror)

4. I definitely want ACC as I use the cruise control almost all the time on my Skoda and would appreciate the active mode. Is it a given that if the car has a sunroof then it will have ACC, or is this only true for SE-L models? I have also heard that the ACC was standard on pre 08MY 450h SE-Ls, is this true? Might have to choose between ACC and AUX input.......

5. I go to Germany a lot with work and travel many miles on de-restricted autobahns. On my Skoda there is no upper limit for setting the cruise control, however on another car I used to own (Nissan X-Trail) the cruise could not be set at speeds over 100mph. Can the cruise be set on the GS at any speed?

6. Real world fuel consumption. Can I expect a 40mpg average on a motorway with the cruise set at 70mph (my usual commute speed)?

Sorry for all the questions. Any answers as well as weight loss ideas (apart from limb removal :crybaby: ) would be appreciated.

Hi all,

First post here, and not (yet) an owner. I have a deal with Mrs Wife that if I lose 2 stone :huh: then I can replace my '07 Skoda Octavia vRS with something else (I do LOVE the vRS but would like more toys).

I'm VERY interested in a GS 450h. Love the idea of a powerful hybrid, CVT gearbox and unbeatable reliability and luxury. I do have a few detailed (some would say anal) questions though to help me make up my mind.

1. Does the GS have lane change indicators. On my Skoda I just need to flick the indicator stalk and the car flashes the indicator 3 times, very handy on my motorway commute. Does the GS do this?

2. I love DAB radio and have a Pure Highway wired into my car using the AUX input socket on the Skoda. I am lead to believe that an AUX input is only available on post 2008MY GS, is this true?

3. If so, then I have to have a post post 2008MY car. Did the indicators move from the front fender to the mirrors in this same 08MY change (therefore I need to look for a car with the indicators in the mirror)

4. I definitely want ACC as I use the cruise control almost all the time on my Skoda and would appreciate the active mode. Is it a given that if the car has a sunroof then it will have ACC, or is this only true for SE-L models? I have also heard that the ACC was standard on pre 08MY 450h SE-Ls, is this true? Might have to choose between ACC and AUX input.......

5. I go to Germany a lot with work and travel many miles on de-restricted autobahns. On my Skoda there is no upper limit for setting the cruise control, however on another car I used to own (Nissan X-Trail) the cruise could not be set at speeds over 100mph. Can the cruise be set on the GS at any speed?

6. Real world fuel consumption. Can I expect a 40mpg average on a motorway with the cruise set at 70mph (my usual commute speed)?

Sorry for all the questions. Any answers as well as weight loss ideas (apart from limb removal :crybaby: ) would be appreciated.

Hi, hopefully this will help

Answers to your questions

1…. No, but the new GS coming out in June does have lane assist

2…. My Sept 2008 does have this

3…. My Sept 2008 has indicators in the mirrors

4…. I dont think ACC was standard on any GS model and was only an option on the SE-L

5…. Sorry dont know, only travel in this country

6…. I have only achieved around 37 m.p.g at cruse set at 70mph

I just realised I posted it in the LS forum :crybaby: Schoolboy error! Can I get this thread moved to the GS forum?

Wendle, I've read through a lot of your posts on here, thanks for your reply.

Edited by TonyGoose
Moved as requested.

I just realised I posted it in the LS forum :crybaby: Schoolboy error! Can I get this thread moved to the GS forum?

Wendle, I've read through a lot of your posts on here, thanks for your reply.

PM sent

Hi all,

What I know.....

1. No. You need to 'hold' the stalk in the 'half on' position to flash the indicators.

2. I believe so (there MAY be some facelift 2007 cars however). However, you may be able to fit a third party unit which would add DAB, aux etc.

3. Yes.

4. I don't *think* the sunroof-ACC link is automatic (could be wrong). ACC definitely not standard on any 450H (although a LOT of the SE-Ls will have it alright).

5. I think there *may* be a limit - the LS460/600h has ACC as standard, but the premium pack adds "full speed following" for ACC - I'm guessing this means limit free. So ACC on the GS may be limited.

6. No personal experience but I'd be surprised if it was that good - although it may not be far off. Remember at that speed you will be running solely on the 3.5L engine.

Thanks Grizzly. Good info there, and thanks to TonyGoose for moving the thread to the GS forum.

I've been thinking about the lack of aux on Pre facelift cars and realise that it's not a DAB show stopper. All I need to do is buy a Bluetooth transmitter, connect that to my Pure Highway and then pair it with the car Bluetooth, Simples!

Only concern is whether I can still have my Iphone paired with the car at the same time. Does anyone know if it's possible to pair two devices simultaineously with the GS?

I'd be very surprised if you could pair two devices at the same time. Could you use the FM transmitter function of the Highway to listen? Note that (I *think*) the pre-facelift GS only uses headset profiles for Bluetooth, i.e. low quality. In fact, I think they only brought in A2DP (streaming music profile) in the 2011 model (for a tech-oriented manufacturer, Lexus can be a bit backward sometimes!).

Check out the Vaistech site - they do a number of (expensive) media integration products for Lexus cars. I know they do satellite radio, not sure about DAB. There are other companies offering cheaper integration products but I've never been able to track down reliable info whether they actually *work* or not. In determining which product to use, you'll need to know the navigation generation your (potential) GS has - and this is NOT always the same on both sides of the Atlantic. Easiest way to find this out is to look at the nav startup page on the console screen at compare it to the pics on the Lexus map update site. My 2005 GS300 has the Gen 3 TNS600 system for example. I am not sure when exactly the Gen 5 and Gen 08 systems came into use. Note Gen 4 was only used in the US.

Tape adapter LOL but you're right, that would work, and with probably decent quality. After-all wouldn't use the tape deck for anything else!

I know the Pure Highway does the FM tuner thing, but I've never had much success with them in the past, and certainly not as good as a wired connection.

Does anyone know where I could get either a hardcopy 07 GS brochure, or pdf version?

Tape adapter LOL but you're right, that would work, and with probably decent quality. After-all wouldn't use the tape deck for anything else!

I know the Pure Highway does the FM tuner thing, but I've never had much success with them in the past, and certainly not as good as a wired connection.

Does anyone know where I could get either a hardcopy 07 GS brochure, or pdf version?

I have both the original (2005, UK) and facelift (2008, Ireland) brochures! Let me know exactly what to check and I'll have a look.

• 2 weeks later...