Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking And Cracking Noise From The Dashboard - Not Covered With Exte

The IS250 started creaking noises from the dashboard just near the speaker in the center of the dashboard. its sounds as if some loose change is dropped inside the dashboard and its quite annoying ...

I was just trying to book in the 70K service with lexus guildford and wanted this noise issue to be checked at the same time and i was told its not covered by the extended warranty and i will have to the pay for the time they would be fixing it ... even worse they ask me to contact Lexus sheffield (i bought the car from them) and check with them about the extended warranty... even more annoying that after paying £740 a year than these bits are not covered ...:unsure:

anyone here with similar experiences where they had to pay for the noise issue to be fixed...

I'm taking my 220D in tomorrow for a 40K service (I bought it 2 weeks ago from a renault dealer) I mentioned the loud crack noise to the service manager when I booked the car in. He reckons that he needs to ride in the car to understand what I'm on about??? I'm so tempted to say to him "Let's not waste each others time with that. I know it's a known fault and so do you. How much to fix it?"

I'm taking my 220D in tomorrow for a 40K service (I bought it 2 weeks ago from a renault dealer) I mentioned the loud crack noise to the service manager when I booked the car in. He reckons that he needs to ride in the car to understand what I'm on about??? I'm so tempted to say to him "Let's not waste each others time with that. I know it's a known fault and so do you. How much to fix it?"

Why ask how much to fix it? Known fault or not your purchase is covered by warranty, or did you purchase trade. Surprised the car wasn't serviced prior to sale.

Why ask how much to fix it? Known fault or not your purchase is covered by warranty, or did you purchase trade. Surprised the car wasn't serviced prior to sale.

My dad has this noise fixed as a recall issue free of charge!

I bought it from a Renault dealer who has apparently serviced it. But I want it fully checked over by Lexus to make sure everything is it should be....Such as checking if the ECU firmware is up to date.

Is the dashboard crack thing definitely a recall issue?....From what I read on here and elsewhere on the net it's an expensive, time consuming job that involves taking the dashboard out and replacing fixings beneath the windscreen.

yup ill try and find the paperwork for it. The car was brought in for service and Lexus representative said i see here the car has not had the recall work carried out.

The recalls that were fixed were

1.Vibration interior mirror replaced mounting bracket.

2.Rattle/noise caused by bracket in dash mounted speaker.

That not the correct description but it was something along those lines. but i do know that the rattling was fixed free unless there is a different issue I am not aware of.

Car is a 2007 220d

I bought it from a Renault dealer who has apparently serviced it. But I want it fully checked over by Lexus to make sure everything is it should be....Such as checking if the ECU firmware is up to date.

Is the dashboard crack thing definitely a recall issue?....From what I read on here and elsewhere on the net it's an expensive, time consuming job that involves taking the dashboard out and replacing fixings beneath the windscreen.

Thanks for that mate. I'll talk to the dealer tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I'm assuming that once they key in the vin number, their system should report what recall work has or hasn't been done on the car.

Fingers crossed it's recall issue but if not the Renault dealer should fix it under warranty.

Mine creaked and rattled from the moment I bought it (approved used) from a Lexus Main Dealer. They refused to even come out in the car with me and said that interior faults are not covered by the extended warranty...... ie they know about the problems and presumably their inability to fix them without major work.

That car is up for sale at another dealer right now. My sympathies to the next owner.

Got mine as a used from Lexus Tunbridge Wells 3 years ago. It rattled a little during the test drive but I still bought it. Rattle got worse driving it home. It was so loud that I could hear it over the stereo. Sounded like a whole piggy bank of coins had been dropped behind the dash.

Got mine fixed free on the warranty, but then I did get it from a Lexus dealer.

The fix does involve taking the dash off and changing the fixings as you quite rightly point out, though.

Interesting, mine was only a year ago. Car was three years old when I bought it from a Main Dealer.

If yours was younger it would have been covered by the original warranty, not the extended one.

Either that or I've just got a poor dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links