Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Window Control On 60Plate Is250C

i have just bought an is250c and it looks like the window controls are not one touch on the passenger side, is this correct,

Also has anyone had the after market super guard for the bodywork and interior.

The windows should be one touch as far as i'm aware, sometimes if the Battery has been disconnected, the windows need resetting.......put the window through a full cycle...up down up all the way and see what happens.

Personnally wouldn't bother with the superguard as most of the cost is a bog fat commission to the sales guy, invest in some good quality wax.

Nice car by the way.

The windows should be one touch as far as i'm aware, sometimes if the battery has been disconnected, the windows need resetting.......put the window through a full cycle...up down up all the way and see what happens.

Personnally wouldn't bother with the superguard as most of the cost is a bog fat commission to the sales guy, invest in some good quality wax.

Nice car by the way.

Paid for superguard once, wouldn't again, do it myself now, no time limit on me and I will use more elbow grease than the guy at the dealers. As stated get a good wax, I was advised to use Collinite 476S after posing the same question to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 250C and on Sunday morning I found the driver and passenger windows both open by approx 3 inches. The overight sleet and rain had got in and the seats are soaked through. Have done my best to mop up the damp, and have it booked in to Lexus dealer for examination of any damage and the cause.

Has anybody else found there windows partly open?

I know you can press the key fob to fully open the windows, but not seen it open just a bit. The car was locked when I found it in this state.

Cheers

i have just bought an is250c and it looks like the window controls are not one touch on the passenger side, is this correct,

Also has anyone had the after market super guard for the bodywork and interior.

My 250C is the same in that only the drivers window is one touch.

Have you had any problems with rattles from the roof/rear parcel shelf ? Mines been in a few times and the Lexus technician has admitted that there has been a few teething problems. Whilst I hate rattles in the car I'm not one to be fussy enough to claim under warrantee but the 'clonk' from the rear is so load however the technicians cant pinpoint it. Sorry to crash the thread but there are not that many 250C owners out there.

• 1 month later...

Had my IS250C in for a service and asked them to look into the creeks and squeaks from the roof. They also disabled the one touch window opening feature on the keyfob, so no more wet surprises!!

The good news is they fixed the squeaks, but the really bad news is they replaced them with load knocking and banging sounds ! Not a happy punter. Have arranged to do another trip back to them so they can hear the noises for themselves. These new sounds make the squeaks I had complained about seem like nothing.