Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone tell me if there is an update available for my 2009 rx450h satnav, and how I can get hold of it. I used to be able to go to the Lexus library to borrow a disk for my old GS, but I think this is all on hard drive now. Is there a way of doing it?

If you still have 2008 or 2009 map data then there will be an update available (well, there is if you're a Gen5 satnav using DVD!). If you have the HD based satnav, then the update process is pretty complicated - and dealer only by the looks of it - involving various security keys, etc.

Get your wallet prepared and call your local dealer and see what they say. There's no easy "buy an update DVD from here" solution, sorry.

Good luck!

Shades

Hi, I was told by a dealer hard drive sat nav is updated as part of the service, not sure if he meant you had to buy a service contract or done on every annual service, worth asking.

• 5 years later...

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Good to hear.

Did it contain firmware updates too e.g. adding the ability to input a destination whilst on the move?

The Official advice I hear Lee, is not to do this any more (input on the move) as it  is akin to using a mobile phone.

Regards

John

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

The Official advice I hear Lee, is not to do this any more (input on the move) as it  is akin to using a mobile phone.

Regards

John

Yes, I've seen the recent reports of increased fines/etc..  

This option is for my wing man, who's riding shotgun ;)

13 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Yes, I've seen the recent reports of increased fines/etc..  

This option is for my wing man, who's riding shotgun ;)

You should be in Trumps team Lee, with a smart answer like that !  :):):)

Regards

John

• Like 1

On mine, when I got the car it had the original 2008 sat nav disc that wouldn't allow inputs into the nav while moving.

Upgrading to a 2016 disc changed this and I can now access all the functions on the move.

Not that I input destinations on the move!  It is tricky enough standing still :smile:

On that note, does anyone know if the GS and IS use the same system or not?

• Like 1

A random E1E version on eBay lists compatible with both our models :)

LEXUS Vehicles covered;

IS250, IS220d, IS200, IS300,

RX300, RX350, RX400h,

GS300, GS430, GS450h,

LS430, LS460, LS600h,

SC430

On 2/5/2017 at 7:46 PM, Boddney said:

Has anyone got any links to sites where I can get an update for my 2002 GS? All the links above are for newer generations.

Cheers,

Bod

When 'gen' is your satnav?  Check the link Shahpor added a few posts back, under the 'Get a Map' option.

From the gen5 ad's that I've seen they often claim to also be compatible with the earlier gen3 systems.

Sorry to Graham for hijacking his thread. I've helped myself a bit here instead of relying on my friends on here.

I looked at the link and I found I have a Gen 1 satnav. On the menu it says 08-09ver1west.

I wasn't able to remove the disc to find the number as the DVD unit is fixed in place and right up against the framework of the boot. I need to find the number though for this page of the order process.

IMG_0155.PNG

On 2/2/2017 at 4:53 AM, Georgemartin said:

You can get Lexus latest sat nav update from here i got my and it working great

http://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/lexus-toyota-9-c.asp

post update. Tried this on my GS450h and initially didnt work. However you MUST disconnect the Battery for it to boot succesfully.

RTFM!

• Like 1