Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello - anybody ever got their driver seat repadded? At 50k on clock its not that comfortable and the leather is looking a little loose in the centre section. How do other members rate the IS for seat comfort generally - new or otherwise. Cheers. Marcus

My IS220 was 120k miles old and the seat was still like an armchair (even after leaving the windows wide open all night during heavy rain once).

However the drivers seat on my new (15k miles) IS250C squekes and rattles (for the record I'm only 10ish stones ).

The drivers seat on our '11 SE-L looks and feels good after 26k. Our '07 SE-L has a few creases at the front but overall still looks and feels good after 40k. Neither squeaks or rattles.

My grey leather is still looking pretty good after 4 years and 60K miles.

The driver's seat is looking very slightly discoloured and a little shinier than the others, but hasn't shown any signs of stretching despite my 12 stones.

On the whole I'm very happy with the seats, although I've always found them slightly too soft for my liking and therefore a little uncomfortable on particularly long journeys. Great for everyday driving though.

My car has done 60K . The drivers seat is really comfortable - albeit there is a solidish spot just under the bit where your bum ends up - feels like a strut - but it hasn't been a problem over many hours of driving. I will mention it when we go in for our next service and see what the dealer makes of it.

This is my first Lexus and also the first car with leather.

Reupholstering sounds expensive, and colours may not match of course [if that is a concern], but that is what I'd pursue if the seat leather is damaged or wearing excessively.

best wishes

Roger

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links