Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed!

barinder_thandi

hi everyone i am new to lexus and urgently require some help.

i have a 1998 gs300 and at the moment it is in the garage with some issues.

1st problem is it needs discs and pads changing all round. i have come across some sets on eBay at a very good price and am thinking of ordering them, i just hope they are the right 1's and good quality. If anyone else knows of where i can get discs and pads at a good price please let me know.

2nd prob is the biggest one because i cannot or my mechanic find the right part. it is the "front lower suspension arm" maybe "trailing arm" i am not sure. my mechanic has ordered 2 diff ones off his suppliers and both were wrong. i have attached pictures below and it is the bar/arm just above the red line. is it to do with suspension, steering?? please if anyone knows the exact name and where i can find them at a good price your help would be much appreciated.

This is the n/s front wheel. look at the bendy/ s shape bar:

25jywqq.jpg

below is the o/s wheel. again same s shaped bar but wot is it??

1ryovs.jpg

next part i need is the downpipe section of the exhaust. so not the twin back box or the middle section but the back bit. cant find 1 anywhere. i have tried eBay, breakers yards etc. the only place i can get anything straight away is lexus directly and tbh you guys know the silly prices they quote.

i really like this car. mine is a black standard gs300, but i have put the 18" sport wheels on, a aristo sport bodykit, fully loaded model and next step was window tints, wheel refurb and maybe get it lowered a bit but everything is on hold until i get it fixed!!!

so if anyone can help with these issues and recomend suppliers of the parts it will be very much appreciated.

cheers barry

If it passes along the front of the car and connects to the other side hub it is the anti roll bar also known as a sway bar it is normally the bushes along the front section that fail.

The link below although for a different car shows the general set up in the suspension picture where no.8 is the antiroll bar

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/milano-75-1987-1989/159987-broken-anti-roll-bar-drivable.html

You may struggle to find a 2nd hand exhaust down pipe as it also has the cat fitted and these fetch good money scrap so maybe people are removing them for that reason.

As for the discs and pads you get what you pay for, cheap discs will probably warp,cheap pads will produce loads of dust and squeal.

Go for a premium brand such as MIntex.

Just confirmed with ross at pri racing thats its the front lower arm #2 bushes that need doing & he can get me them without the support bar i believe because its the bushes section thats the main problem. Fingers crossed this works!!

Defo not the anti roll bar. Mechanic confirmed this.

Also brake discs & pads are mimex ones so should be quite good

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links