Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where The Hxxx Did That Come From

oooooooooo..............with that missing................don't drive above 43.7 MPH.......your wheels will definately fall off!!!!!!!

............Think maybe your "Air reculate" or similar may not work anymore.

Buying the replacement part will probably be a few ££s stripping the car down to actually get to replace it will be several hundred ££s providing you are still getting hot and cold air on demand I would leave it for now.

Its the lever that switches where the air is sourced for your cabin vents.

It moves a flap across the pollen filter so the air comes from inside the cabin or outside. Depending on what your circulation button is on.

From memory if you open the glove box remove the black plastic cover and look at the pollen filter a plastic cover should move up and down when you press the re-circulation button on the climate. You will prob find you can lift yours up and down by hand now.

Not sure how its suppose to be held on, did you force the cover up or put it in re-circ mode as you should, if you forced it up to put the new pollen filter in its prob snapped off.

Doubt you can buy just that bit, I had trouble with mine but managed to screw it back on with a self tapper. was about 2 years ago, works totally fine now but cant remember the exact procedure of fixing it, sorry.

Thank you all for responding - I cant remember what I did - maybe It was me or it was already like it when I bought the car March last year. It looks 'Super-Glueable' but how the heck do I get to it? (if I can)

I'm getting Hot & Cold air all OK and the flap is in the open (to outside air) position. - so maybe like MattB says - Leave it alone.

Rob

It looks 'Super-Glueable'

A member of our forum encountered the same problem. Like MattB, he drilled the shaft and put a self-tapping screw. It's in french but the pictures should talk for themselves. http://forum.clublex...=176367#p176367

how the heck do I get to it? (if I can)

You have to remove the glovebox. http://bahamutcars.f...OGD001X_01_0033

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links