Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Water In The Boot!

Hi all

I'm new to the forum after just buying my first lexus, I must say I love the car more than my BMW I left behind!

The question I have is this, in the boot on the left hand side where the jack lives and on the right hand side also, I've found water on both sides, but I can't see where the water is coming from??? Does anyone have any ideas where this may be coming from? Is it a common problem? Any help would be greatly accepted!

(I have searched water leaks but no joy)

Thanks Greg

Common causes are the boot rubber seal, remove it clean it and the boot lip where it fits then apply silicon sealer to the lip and refit.

Sunroof drain tubes, I think the set up is similar to the GS so there will be a plastic tube on each side of the boot behind the trim. Each should pass through a gromit in the boot floor but these can get pulled out and the pipe then fills your boot instead.

The rear light clusters can also allow water in again remove the clusters clean the seal areas and silicon sealer normally sorts.

This applies to the LS but may also be a factor on the IS, if the vehicle is parked facing downhill water collects in the corners of the channel nearest the rear window as there are no drain holes and it overflows into the boot some LS owners have actually fitted drain holes and pipes here.