Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would Love To See A Lexus In Pracital Classics Magazine!

Would love to see a feature on the Lexus Gs300 mark 1 and the Lexus Ls400 in practical classics magazine! I fear they see them as to new and not a classic but choose carefully and i can't think of a better sub £1000 reliable quality made motor! even them 80's merc's look shabby now and rot! Would also love to see them in the price guide! anyone else agree?

I agree they are up and coming classics, mine, or rather parts of mine have featured in Car Mechanics a couple of times.

It may be worth writing to the editor of Practical Classics to see what they think.

A Lexus in PC?

No thank you, it's simply not a marque with sufficient heritage or timeline to suit the readers of that magazine, and I'd be quite dissappointed if I picked up a copy and found them in there.

Maybe in 10-years time or so.

Such an article would be better in the likes of Auto Express.

A Lexus in PC?

No thank you, it's simply not a marque with sufficient heritage or timeline to suit the readers of that magazine, and I'd be quite dissappointed if I picked up a copy and found them in there.

Maybe in 10-years time or so.

Such an article would be better in the likes of Auto Express.

Think you may be right when I think of PC I see a Ford Popular, Anglia or a Humber not a 1990 Lexus model, as you say not quite old enough at present.

Auto Express sounds OK "Lexus Bargain banger for under 1K"

would still like to see it in prac clack lol any exposure for these wonderful cars can only be a good thing. they can only go on about mk 2 jags and the like for so long before readers get bored. and how about getting younger people involved!

They have featured many 1990's cars in the mag-such as the Jag XJ6 and the Fiat Coupe in this months edition. can't say either are classics (in my mind at least).

I had a 1995 XJ6 (the X300 model) and the only reason it could be describedd as a classic was because it was constantly breaking (either down or parts disintegrating). Maybe a feature could be good for the marque-just to show what a lot of reliable and well built car you can get for your money (and a V8 that will give a better mpg than a 1963 1200cc Mk1 Consul Cortina-mine did around 22 mpg).

There is a bit of LS400 material on pistonheads site.

One was featured as shed of the week (not as derogatory as it sounds, just means bought for under £1k), and drew some pretty favourable responses.

Another is being run by one of the staff, again with favourable results, though he did spend quite a bit on suspension etc, to bring it up to scratch.

http://www.pistonhea...lexus+ls400&d=0

The article by Garlick about his staff car was partly responsible for me getting my first Lexus yesterday.

Although I'd considered a few in the past, and having owned loads of Jap vehicles, his article kind of planted a seed if you know what I mean, helped along by this place, which is a great advert for the LS400.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links