Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accessing The Sat Nav Dvd Unit

Hi all,

I'm trying to access the sat nav DVD unit in my is250 and I'm not sure on some of the instructions and I don't want to force it.

In the manual it show a couple of tools in the kit, which I have found, so I insert them into the holes, but when you push them in, should they hit the back and then do you put the handles outwards, towards the driver and passenger windows, the tools look like they start to flex, so I'm not keen on applying to much pressure, all I wanted was the part no. so that I could order the latest disk.

Thanks

Chris

Hi all,

I'm trying to access the sat nav DVD unit in my is250 and I'm not sure on some of the instructions and I don't want to force it.

In the manual it show a couple of tools in the kit, which I have found, so I insert them into the holes, but when you push them in, should they hit the back and then do you put the handles outwards, towards the driver and passenger windows, the tools look like they start to flex, so I'm not keen on applying to much pressure, all I wanted was the part no. so that I could order the latest disk.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry that I can't help you with your problem but staying on the subject of SatNav updates I'm just wondering where you are getting your update from and how much it is going to cost you. I have seen a number of references on here re the update disk from Lexus but, in each case it has been really quite expensive.

Whilst reading your post I spotted a link to some updates starting at around £25.00, I followed the link and the Lexus update is pitched at around the £40.00 mark. I wondered if you had spotted it and are intending to use it or, whether any other members have made use of it.

Here is the link - http://www.satnavi.com/lexus.php

It will be interesting to see if anyone has used it and to hear if it was successful or, if they encountered any problems.

I am really keen to update mine but not a the price that Lexus is quoting.

Hi all,

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry that I can't help you with your problem but staying on the subject of SatNav updates I'm just wondering where you are getting your update from and how much it is going to cost you. I have seen a number of references on here re the update disk from Lexus but, in each case it has been really quite expensive.

Whilst reading your post I spotted a link to some updates starting at around £25.00, I followed the link and the Lexus update is pitched at around the £40.00 mark. I wondered if you had spotted it and are intending to use it or, whether any other members have made use of it.

Here is the link - http://www.satnavi.com/lexus.php

It will be interesting to see if anyone has used it and to hear if it was successful or, if they encountered any problems.

I am really keen to update mine but not a the price that Lexus is quoting.

From what I have read on here, I would stay away from cheap updates from generic websites like the one quoted above.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ seems to be the recommended websites for updates, other than your local Lexus dealer

Its a fine art, but you need to hold the tools in a V shape which will then allow you to pulls the cover out, there are no tabs as such, just two clips that hold the cover in place.

Cheers all for your responses.

In the past, I had used the toyat version of that site and getting thesat nav dvd was easy, as the unit was under the passenger seat. But I've decided to to let the lexus dealership order the disk and fit it, @£154 inc VAT.

When I was trying, I just didn't want to break the plastic facia, considering I've only had the car for 2 days.

As it has to go back next week to sort the steering (I have to hold the steering wheel to the right to get it to drive straight) I figured they can do the hard work and take the risk.

Regards

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links