Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Me New Motor

:D :D :D

Well guys and gals, i am now a fully fledged member of the club and i feel right at home. Picked up the car on saturday. It's a 2000 W is200 S in granite sky, with 47000 miles on it. I wanted to go for an SE or a sport but the budget didn't quite make it.

Can't tell you how chuffed i am. I think that it is a completely awesome car and has got so much potential as far as modifications are concerned.

There's so many things that i want to do to it but i think the first thing that needs doing is to get some better alloys cos the standard ones are okay but don't quite live up to the rest of the car. Anyone know of somewhere i can get a decent price on some nice alloys? (i am a gold member)

I think the next thing on the agenda will be a bodykit for it. Have any of you lot used upauto to get some kit from? if so, is the kit any good, and can they spray and fit it for you or do you need to take it to a bodyshop (not the one that sells shampoo)? :zee:

I can't tell you how useful these forums have been for me these past few weeks contemplating what to go for and seeing what problems people have had with theirs, not to mention drooling over some of the very sweet looking IS's that i've seen here. In fact only the day after i got the car i had all 6 cd's stuck in the changer (slot loader at the bottom) with the old err3 message and i thought i was gonna cry. But luckily i saw someones post (sorry i can't remember the name) which said to take the fuse out, which i did and now it's right as rain (even though i will take it to my friendly Lexus service department (Dale in Bracknell) who tells me that Lexus extended the warranty on the stereo alone for an extra year, or 100,000 miles due to this problem. He also tells me that there is a huge back order from Japan of the replacement head units) :angry:

Anyway guys, i'm ranting now. :duh: So thanks for your wisdom and wit. :)

Tom

Oh, and here's a nice picture of me next to the new motor! :whistling:

post-50-1058288042.jpg

Nice looking motor there Tommy. B)

But I wouldn't go feeding that youngster of yours too much sugar there...

Judging by the size of the hammer he's holding he'd make mince meat of your new pride and joy!!

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for fixing my smilies Zee...java script:emoticon(':)')

I am very keen to get some of the SE or Sport alloys but i'm a bit concerned with all the problems that people have had with corrosion and i also believe that they stick out quite far and so are easy to scuff (maybe some of you can confirm this)

I live near twyford Bazza, which toys 'r' us are you meeting at? Reading?

GRiM don't worry, it's only an attachment from the hoover....got to get the little blighter used to cleaning at some point!

One more little question....The SE and Sport both come with an extra 2 speakers but where the hell are they??

cheersjava script:add_smilie(%22:doggy:%22)

I live near twyford

That's not far from me - I live in Warfield :) We're over in Twyford quite a lot as we have friends who live in Waltham Chase. The vineyard's nice too !

Javadude got some nice alloys for his IS200 S - maybe he can shed some light on where he got his.

One more little question....The SE and Sport both come with an extra 2 speakers but where the hell are they??

The rear speaker on a SE and Sport are classed as two speakers as they are components.

The 17" are easily scuffed, use Bridgestone tyres with the rim protector lip on them.

If you get the wheels refurbished then whoever does them should give them a decent covering of clear-coat so you won't have corrosion problems again.

Welcome to the club - you'll enjoy it, there's some great characters here (I'm the quiet one :blush: )

Oh and get used to having a permanent grin every time you get in, look at, or even think about... the car :) :)

:D :D :D

Well guys and gals, i am now a fully fledged member of the club and i feel right at home. Picked up the car on saturday. It's a 2000 W is200 S in granite sky, with 47000 miles on it. I wanted to go for an SE or a sport but the budget didn't quite make it.

Can't tell you how chuffed i am. I think that it is a completely awesome car and has got so much potential as far as modifications are concerned.

There's so many things that i want to do to it but i think the first thing that needs doing is to get some better alloys cos the standard ones are okay but don't quite live up to the rest of the car. Anyone know of somewhere i can get a decent price on some nice alloys? (i am a gold member)

I think the next thing on the agenda will be a bodykit for it. Have any of you lot used upauto to get some kit from? if so, is the kit any good, and can they spray and fit it for you or do you need to take it to a bodyshop (not the one that sells shampoo)? :zee:

I can't tell you how useful these forums have been for me these past few weeks contemplating what to go for and seeing what problems people have had with theirs, not to mention drooling over some of the very sweet looking IS's that i've seen here. In fact only the day after i got the car i had all 6 cd's stuck in the changer (slot loader at the bottom) with the old err3 message and i thought i was gonna cry. But luckily i saw someones post (sorry i can't remember the name) which said to take the fuse out, which i did and now it's right as rain (even though i will take it to my friendly Lexus service department (Dale in Bracknell) who tells me that Lexus extended the warranty on the stereo alone for an extra year, or 100,000 miles due to this problem. He also tells me that there is a huge back order from Japan of the replacement head units) :angry:

Anyway guys, i'm ranting now. :duh: So thanks for your wisdom and wit. :)

Tom

Oh, and here's a nice picture of me next to the new motor! :whistling:

Nice one mate,top car, top colour.Hope to be joining the club in Feb, March 2004 when 5 years of saving will leave me with 15k to purchase my dream car. Hoping to attend JAPS if the missus drops the new addition in time to drible over all the 200's, luv to see yours there too the more the merrier.

Ian