Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,i`m new on here and have just purchased my second lexus, this one being the is250.Although i love the car theres a strange noise cumming from the front tyres.At first i thought it was a bearing but got my brother in law who`s a mechanic to drive it and he said it was the bridgestones.He has owned four is250`s now, all fitted with dunlops and have never been a problem.He advised me to ditch the front tyres and replace with the dunlop sport maxx and it will cure it.Any one else had this problem????.Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the club. I had the same problem but had budget tyres. The treads were fine but i put up with it for 1.5 years. Just replaced fronts with bridgestone re050 potenzas. That noise has gone! But I also got the same tyres on the back and theyre nearly worn out after only 4k miles. I reckon they are rather noisy generally but at least it doesnt sound like a milk float. Go for dunlops but get a 4 wheel alignment at the same time. Whish i had! Enjoy the IS.

Thanks mate,the dunlops come in at £92 each so not to expensive.

Yes that is cheap, cheapest quote in my area was £115 each fitted. Can you say where you got them from?

Hi mate i get them at trade price and fit them ourselves

Suggest you try Toyo T1R's. I originally had Dunlops on mine and changed to the Toyo's. Much reduced road noise and much better handling, especially in the wet. I've just ordered a new set after 20000miles of trouble free, quieter driving.

Suggest you try Toyo T1R's. I originally had Dunlops on mine and changed to the Toyo's. Much reduced road noise and much better handling, especially in the wet. I've just ordered a new set after 20000miles of trouble free, quieter driving.

I'll second that I've tried various makes of tyres and the quietest for me were definitely the Toyo T1R's. They also wear quite slowly which is also an important consideration for most people.

Good news. My wheels were like yours all out of whack. Been corrected now and feels better in straights and bends. Scrubbed tyres on back will be replaced with michelin primacys. (think i had a sales job done on me as were as/more expensive as bridgestones) i suggested toyos to the tyre guy but he rubbished them a bit (because he doesnt sell em no doubt) . Hope the michelins last till chop it! Better do. Enjoy the peace and quiet....m

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links