Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring Ccfl Angel Eyes

General

• 2 months later...

If its a ccfl kit then the wires for the rings will prob be routed out the hole where ur side light holder clips in. Unless you drilled a seperate hole. If this is the case. You won't be able to get the side light holder back in the hole due to the ccfl wires being there. So just cut the holder off completely. And wire ccfl to your side light loom. Simple.

• 5 months later...

If you would still use your sidelights then you won't see much of your halo's. So might aswel hook it up to ur side loom. Just fitted mine....took me 7hrs!

Is it possible to get these CCFL ones in the "normal" colour lights are, rather than white/blue/HID/Xenon looking colours?

I much prefer the Angel Eyes in the more natural yellowy colour you see on Beemers, like the ones in the left on this pic;

bmw-x5-e53-angel-eyes-led-upgrade-bulbs-markers.jpg

I've seen them in actual yellow, like this;

LEXUSIS250IS350AngelEyesORANGE1.jpg

But aren't sure if they are too yellow, and would look as un natural as the "xenon" white/blue looking ones that seem to be the most common

I think those yellow ones looks nice but i prefer these!!

dont miss the rear bumber on this one those LEDS look good might fit those hid number plate lights on mine to bring it into 2012.

Sorry but both of those are awful. The fronts are too white/blue/HID/xenon looking, and I don't need x amount of clicks to "tune" the brightness, and the rears just look hideous - especially since a string of LED's fail when coming off the brakes....

All I'm contemplating doing to mine is putting a HID set (no more than 5000k) in the dipped beams of mine, as the standard dipped beam isn't great, and possibly a set of angel eye side light replacements, but only if I can get a clean, natural, OEM look. I don't really want white/blue/xenon looking ones, and certainly don't want super bright...

LED lights are the way forward, most manufacturers use them in their tails and number plate lights now. As for the halo's in my opinion if it isn't a BMW then leave it out, it's kind of the BMW trademark look, but if you must the bright Xenon ones look best.

Those IS SMD tails are made by a guy called Nicki J who runs a company called MMSport. They certainly bring the rear of the IS into 2012 as you say Noby76.

If we all liked the same thing though it'd be a boring world on LOC!

LED lights are the way forward, most manufacturers use them in their tails and number plate lights now. As for the halo's in my opinion if it isn't a BMW then leave it out, it's kind of the BMW trademark look, but if you must the bright xenon ones look best.

Those IS SMD tails are made by a guy called Nicki J who runs a company called MMSport. They certainly bring the rear of the IS into 2012 as you say Noby76.

If we all liked the same thing though it'd be a boring world on LOC!

+ 1 :shifty: Rich i do agree and you find the exact ones on the latest Nissan GT-R's need to research on those lights am really being tempted! to do this and flog my current ones on eBay did you notice the rear bumbers were designed by HKS? wonder how much those will cost you see the brand in the middle when he starts reversing ...

OMG!! :msn-oh: is that for the whole kit then? including the spoiler lights and fogs? if it is then might be worth it being Lexus wanted £500 for an electric wing mirror when mine got vandalised.. the bumpers do look wider than standard but the IS wears it well.