Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Local Is Owners? Help Urgently Required...

Hello all,

New to the forum as I purchased an IS at the weekend...

But, there is always a but....

I got the MOT booked for Monday, all the car needs is the brake pads/discs changing as they are a little warped..

I do not have the locking wheel nut adapter key to remove my wheels (right now I want to kill the guy who sold the car to me)..

I have exhausted all routes I can think of, dealer where I purchased the vehicle, all motor factors, Halfrauds etc...

No one has the same typeremoval key, I will call into Kwik-fit on route home from work to see if they can help, but I guess it's unlikely...

What I need if any IS owner out there in the Merseyside area to let me drive to there place and just undo the locking bolts. I will replace with standard bolts.

Is there anyone that can assist??

The locking nuts are the Trilock type, three circular holes 8mm Dia, external Dai 23mm. The outer sleeve of the nuts spin so the old socket trick will not work for me.. the key appears to be the same as found on my two previous Toyotas.. So I'm assuming Lexus used the same key for all 200's. I got 2000 IS200.

trilock-wheel-locking-system-tp_8166731965033708001b.png

Anyone within 2 hrs drive about tonight/tomorrow/Friday willing to lend a tool to a fellow IS owner??

If you PM me your number I will call to explain all details, I'm based in Liverpool..

Cheers all.

hi,a shame about the locking wheels nuts,I am not sure the ones in the picture are oem ones and if they are they belong to the earlier models,having said that,you will probably struggle to find the exact match as there are so many different combinations although they look alike.

hi,a shame about the locking wheels nuts,I am not sure the ones in the picture are oem ones and if they are they belong to the earlier models,having said that,you will probably struggle to find the exact match as there are so many different combinations although they look alike.

I know it's pain in the back end!

I know it's a long shot but it may save me hours with a chisel and lump hammer!

This evening I will try and remove the rotating collars and hammer a smaller socket onto the stud - wish me luck..

Hi try taking it to a tyre centre/fitter and see if they can do anything to help,probably better than you trying to do it yourself and possibly causing more damage etc

Hi try taking it to a tyre centre/fitter and see if they can do anything to help,probably better than you trying to do it yourself and possibly causing more damage etc

On route to home from work today I'm stopping off at Kwik-fit.. I have read many times on the net that they "may" be able to help...

Thanks.

good luck and all the best

No luck from Kwik-fit...

A kind member left me his mobile but unfortunatly he had a different type of locking key..

O well out comes the hammer and chisel...

Sadly the locking wheel nuts in your picture are not the OEM supplied type, so Lexus may be unable to help - but the OEM type don't look good so alternatives were often fitted. Your Lexus garage may have come across your type & be able to remove them.

its a pain in the arse , , i know cause i lost my adapter last year , , ,there is a kit available that works with reverse thread , , so the more you untighten the more the thread grips onto the wheelnut (really needs airgun to work properly) , ,in the end though my mechanic used a cheap socket set , ,picked a socket slightly smaller than nut head , , then bludgeoned it on with lump hammer , , ,luckily this worked on 2 nuts & the front 2 wheels had no lockbolts

hope this gives you alternative

http://www.ebay.co.u...d#ht_1050wt_901

Try an independant tyre place, the place I use (too far for you, sorry) had half a dozen different removal kits when I had a Honda Accord with no removal key.

They didn't even charge me as I was buying new tyres, but the fitters said they get loads in with lost adapters or rounded off and seized bolts.

I won't repeat his thoughts on Kwik Fit, or mine come to that.

good luck and all the best

No luck from Kwik-fit...

A kind member left me his mobile but unfortunatly he had a different type of locking key..

O well out comes the hammer and chisel...

Sadly the locking wheel nuts in your picture are not the OEM supplied type, so Lexus may be unable to help - but the OEM type don't look good so alternatives were often fitted. Your Lexus garage may have come across your type & be able to remove them.

The Lexus dealer cannot help. I got thr rotating collars off this evening and hopefully will br anle to go to a friends workshop on Friday to have the studs removed.

go to your local tyre shop. and see if they have some tools to remove them, i work in a tyre shop and we do this all the time. hammer them onto the nut and undo them, takes five minutes a nut. if not then you can try to weld on a nut and remove them that way or the chissel and hammer if they are not to tight or on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locking-Wheel-Nut-Bolt-Remover-HYUNDAI-Matrix-Pony-S-Coupe-LOST-BROKEN-KEY-/160720154697?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item256baaf049

Hi Jason,

I had the same problem when I bought my MR2 ... the locking nut key was broken ... so it was like not having it ....

I took it to my local Watling tyres place and they tried a number of different sockets and about 30mins later my wheels were free from the locking nuts.

By the way I take it you looked anywhere in the car and documentation ... trying to see if the locking nut key is ... ie glove box, ash tray (front and rear), the pocket behind the driver's seat or passenger, one of the door pockets?, somewhere in the spare wheel bay ...?

I am just giving ideas just in case you did not search somewhere.

I hope you find a place that they will remove it.

I would not look at a chain of stores as they are too precious with their policies.

By the way I take it the old owner does not know where it is?

Thanks everyone for your kind assistance.

The garage where I purchased the car has go in contact with the previous owner who will post me the locking wheel removal tool. I offered to travel to his house to collect as I have an MOT booked for Monday and I need to change the discs/pads but he did not want me travelling to his house!! Why I do not know...

Anyways, I have cancelled the MOT and will rearrange for a later date when the brakes are sorted. The car is tested until the end of the month so all is legal

Again, cheers for all the feedback, I should have the tool shortly. Now all I need to do is upload some photos of the car etc... And get modifying!

K&N, Iridium's, timing belt, diff oil, engine oil, filters are on the list to do.

Thanks everyone for your kind assistance.

The garage where I purchased the car has go in contact with the previous owner who will post me the locking wheel removal tool. I offered to travel to his house to collect as I have an MOT booked for Monday and I need to change the discs/pads but he did not want me travelling to his house!! Why I do not know...

Anyways, I have cancelled the MOT and will rearrange for a later date when the brakes are sorted. The car is tested until the end of the month so all is legal

Again, cheers for all the feedback, I should have the tool shortly. Now all I need to do is upload some photos of the car etc... And get modifying!

K&N, Iridium's, timing belt, diff oil, engine oil, filters are on the list to do.

I suppose he is afraid of some sort of confronting :) Glad you reached to an end with this story.

Enjoy your motor and yes put on some pics :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links