Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Differences Between 450H Se-L 07 And 08 Model Years

Hi everyone,

Weight loss going well, but still some way to go.....

As you may know I'll be buying a 450h SE-L in the near future (when I've got down to 11st 11lbs). For my budget both pre and post face lift cars will be available. One 'must have' for me is the ACC system which was standard on 07MY but only an option on 08MY. I'd like to try to understand what other differences there were from 07 to 08 to help me decide if I should hold out for an 08 with the ACC option (fairly rare) or take my pick of plenty 07MY cars.

I think these are the differences (SE-L grade):-

ACC/PCS (and Sunroof) Standard <07, option >08

Styling changes to Grill, Front Fog Lamps and air intakes

Smart Card Entry system not available <07, standard >08

iPod interface and Aux jack not available <07, Standard >08

Side Indicators moved from fender to mirror housing

Rear electric sun blind standard <07, option >08

The above I've gleamed from auto trader adverts and brochures but what I cannot determine from these sources are functional changes.

One thing I'm interested in is the power folding mirrors. I thought they only fold when the switch in the hidden pod is operated, but I have seen a GS advert on youtube that included a short clip showing the mirror folding out at the same time as the indicators flashing which leads me to believe that on some cars the folding is liked to the central locking (which is much more convenient). Was this change at the same time as the face lift or was it a later introduction?

If anyone can add or correct my spec difference list, detail and functional changes or answer my mirror fold question please do.

Maybe if the list could become a sticky....?

Yes, It uses the ACC radar to predict an unavoidable accident and pulls the seatbelts tight and also 'pre-charges' the brake servo to ensure maximum braking is available the moment you stamp in the brakes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links