Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hand Brake Adjustment On Is250 Auto

PhilWebster

Hi,

ive just adjusted my handbrake/park brake on my is250 auto as this was flagged at my service and i decided to do it myself.have adjusted it and it holds fine on hill but just wondering if it requires more adjustment as when i put it into drive/reverse the car does move at a certain point .I can feel the handbrake is holding the car back but does it require further adjustment so that it holds the car even when I accelarate or should it hold the car completely. MOT due in a few weeks so would like to make sure its ok

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 2 years later...

Surely parking brake adjustment is part of the service ?? My indi always checked mine and adjusted as needed, what are we paying these people for just looking !

Allan

Turn towards the center of the hub to tighten and in the opposite direction to slacken.

It's good practice to slacken them to the max (make sure you count the clicks as you will need to reverse it). This way you can tell if the brake distribution to both wheels is balanced or not.

Going by memory here, as I did this a long time ago but I think I have mine set to 27 clicks from slack.

I always turn my adjuster until I can't move the drum/disc then slacken off until you can move it with very slight drag if that makes sense, if the brake shoes are worn more one side than the other the number of clicks would not be the same.

Allan

• Like 1