Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Not Working....original Head Unit?

hello all,

Bit of a noob to the lexus scene. I have a 51 plate is200 sport , alls great apart from my sat nav not working. there is an after market head unit installed , Its a horrible looking thing and looked like it was put in with boxing gloves to be honest.

When I open up the sat nav screen it reads "unable to read disc, please ensure correct disc installed" or something of the sort. When I got the car, the previous owner said, "Dont know why it doesn't work but in any case there is a sat nav disc in the glovebox" - its a copied disc. So after getting the car home, i went to the unit in the boot, pressed eject just in case and out popped a genuine lexus sat nav dvd. So i popped in the other disc just to see and a different error came up on the screen something along the lines of "incorrect disc inserted"

I can gather that the unit is reading the discs but still not booting up the sat nav system . I called lexus bristol and a nice chap in services said he was 90% sure it`s down to having an aftermarket head unit installed.

Has anyone else come across this error? Does anyone have a genuine working head unit lying around I could purchase?

Thanks in advance

Dave

search the net & you will find it is a well known problem , , usually 02 plates but maybe yours was late 51 ? my 02 has same fault as does many in the states , , problem is the laser reading the disc . . either needs replacing or realigning or whole unit replacement , ,haven't bothered with mine as a 10yr old satnav is pretty dire anyway , , easier to get a widescreen slim nav that will attach to existing screen so will still fold away when need to , ,otherwise you will be spending major ££ that you won't see again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links