Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Indicators

BRUC3

Hey all,

This weekend I split my headlights to spray the inside black. I noticed some of you who have done this no longer have the orange lens in there...

Do you just not bother putting it back in, or do you tint it first and then put it back in?

Any help would be great, also some pics of with and without would be good to see too!

Bruce

I used Halfrauds satin black paint.

First etched them up with wet and dry sand paper, couple of coats of grey plastic primer, and then finished off with 3 coats of satin black...

Put em all back together and used silicone to seal it back up!

I'm yet to do the NS headlight, so think I may give it a try using the original glue as I have done even more reading up on them and seems I made the common trick of having the oven to 250 centigrade, instead of 250 farenheit!

just a couple of pics of the process!

IMG_1553.jpg

Just painted first coat

IMG_1562.jpg

Getting ready to seal up!

IMG_1562.jpg

Surround and lense together

IMG_1564.jpg

Before and after!

IMG_1565.jpg

Original headlight

IMG_1566.jpg

Modified headlight!

Hopefully they wont fog up!

Should be a hell of a lot easier to take apart though if they do!

Only mistake I made is when fitting the headlight back to the car, I got everything back in place and bolted up, and then realised I had the side light plug trapped between the headlight and the car, so I can connect the side light up at the moment! Doh!!!

Thats todays job....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i threw mine away and now use the silver tec bulbsg

dsc02247z.jpg

Hi there im new to the loc, i was thinking about doing this to my lights and maby putting halo's in there aswell. my question is will taking out the indacator lense out void the mot? thanks again.

i threw mine away and now use the silver tec bulbsg

dsc02247z.jpg

Hi there im new to the loc, i was thinking about doing this to my lights and maby putting halo's in there aswell. my question is will taking out the indacator lense out void the mot? thanks again.

Nope, as long as they still flash amber. The silvertec bulbs are very good, as they look silver until they light up and then the amber shines through. If you don't use silvertec ones, you will have to put standard amber coloured bulbs in rather than the original clear bulbs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links